Whether you fancy fish dishes or just seeking a novice-friendly cook-up, this Keto Mahi Mahi Recipe is the ultimate pick!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🐟 Ingredients for this keto Mahi Mahi recipe recipe
- Chili lime butter
- Keto pan-seared Mahi Mahi
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tool substitutes list
- How to make Keto Mahi Mahi Recipe: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- What to serve with Mahi Mahi?
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up & conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
With just a handful of ingredients and a hot skillet, you can whip up a healthy and delicious meal in 30 mins. The star of the show is the Mahi Mahi, a semi-mild and sweet-tasting fish. Season it with herbs and spices, and enjoy a crispy crust!
The combination of chili and lime really brings out the best flavors in Mahi Mahi fish. However, you can adjust the spiciness according to your taste. One important thing to remember when cooking fish is to avoid overcooking it, as this can make it dry and hard to chew. Aim for a nice golden brown color, and check with a food thermometer to make sure it's cooked just right.
🐟 Ingredients for this keto Mahi Mahi recipe recipe
Chili lime butter
Keto pan-seared Mahi Mahi
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Mahi Mahi recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tool substitutes list
How to make Keto Mahi Mahi Recipe: step-by-step guide
- Gather up all the ingredients and kitchen tools you'll need.
- Take the time to measure the ingredients and set them aside.
- Grab a sharp knife and use it to cut the fish into individual fillets of similar thickness. Then, season them with some salt and pepper.
- Prepare chili lime butter: In a small bowl, mix together the refined coconut oil, chili powder, and zest. Stir them well until they are nicely combined, and set the mixture aside.
- Pan sear Mahi Mahi: Get your cast iron skillet ready by preheating it over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Once it's hot, melt the coconut oil in the skillet and add the seasoned fish fillets. Cook each side for approximately 6 minutes until they turn a lovely golden brown and are fully cooked, reaching an internal temperature of 145°F (62°C).
- Serve: Transfer the cooked fish fillets to a plate, and to make it even more flavorful, add a tablespoon of chili lime butter on top. Enjoy this delicious chili lime Mahi Mahi while it's still warm, and don't forget to squeeze some lime wedges over it for an extra zing!
Chef's pro tip
To ensure that this Keto Mahi Mahi turns out perfect, it's crucial to fry the fish correctly. Even if you've seasoned it to perfection, what if it starts sticking to the pan? We've all been there, and if you rush it, the fillets can easily crumble into bits. Trust us!
So, make sure to heat your skillet properly before adding the oil. Place a few fillets in the pan, making sure not to overcrowd it, and let them soak in the oil. This not only helps in making the fish juicy and firm but also creates a delicious crust. And here's a golden rule of cooking fish – don't fuss with it! Let it sear undisturbed. Voila! The crust will naturally release itself from the pan when it's ready to flip.
What to serve with Mahi Mahi?
This Keto Mahi Mahi tastes even better when you have it with other keto-friendly veggies and dishes. While it's delicious on its own, combining it with other foods adds an extra level of enjoyment. Take a look at these keto options:
How to make it healthier
If you want to make some changes to support your healthy diet goals, here are a few suggestions to consider!
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
To store leftovers, first, allow them to cool down to room temperature. Then, wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
You can reheat them quickly by following practices:
Recipe wrap-up & conclusion
This Keto Mahi Mahi Recipe is here to satisfy your seafood cravings without derailing your keto routine. It's simple to make, and you don't need to be an expert chef to try this one out!
So grab your trusty skillet and get ready to indulge in the fantastic blend of flavors. The tangy and creamy chili-lime butter melts over the perfectly golden brown pan-seared Mahi Mahi, making this dish really nutritious!
For more inspiration, check out our other quick and easy keto fish recipes:
Frequently asked questions
Keto Mahi Mahi Recipe
Chili lime butter
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Zest from 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
Keto pan-seared Mahi Mahi
- 4 wild-caught Mahi Mahi fillets thawed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare chili lime butter: Mix the refined coconut oil, chili powder, and zest in a small bowl. Stir them until they are well combined, and set aside.
- Pan sear Mahi Mahi: Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Melt the coconut oil there and add the seasoned fish fillets. Cook each side for about 6 minutes until they are golden brown and fully cooked with an internal temperature of 145°F (62°C).
- Serve: Transfer the cooked fish fillets to a plate and add a tablespoon of chili lime butte to savor this delicious chili lime mahi mahi. Serve it warm with lime wedges and enjoy!