Say goodbye to plain steamed broccoli. Our tasty, healthy Charred Keto Broccoli With Parmesan is here to jazz up your mealtime.
This recipe takes a creative spin on the time-honored technique of charring veggies to boost their taste and texture. We've added a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for an extra touch of flavor. It's a mix of classic cooking and our unique twist, resulting in a standout keto-friendly broccoli dish that's simply irresistible.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥦 Ingredients for this charred keto broccoli with parmesan recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Charred Keto Broccoli With Parmesan: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage tips
- Reheating best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
It takes only 35 minutes for you to change these green roasted veggies into tasty, smoky flavor and crispy charred edges, and the cheesy awesomeness of grated Parmesan. With a simple baking process, you can make this low-carb roasted broccoli a friendly side dish that goes well with almost any main course!
When it comes to this Charred Keto Broccoli with Parmesan, don't be afraid to mix things up a bit! For an extra zing, consider adding a sprinkle of chili flakes before roasting. Or, for an even richer flavor, mix in a handful of crushed garlic cloves. Remember, cooking keto doesn't mean losing out on taste. It's all about experimenting with different flavors, having fun in the kitchen, and finding new ways to savor and enjoy our food. So go ahead, get adventurous with this dish, and make it your own!
🥦 Ingredients for this charred keto broccoli with parmesan recipe
These are optional ingredients you can use as toppings or mix with your recipe.
Cooking tools required
To make this Charred Keto Broccoli With Parmesan recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Charred Keto Broccoli With Parmesan: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the required ingredients for the recipe.
- Measure the ingredients like florets, cheese, avocado oil, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon zest according to the needed quantity.
- Keep the large skillet, cutting board, and knife within easy reach.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets
- Preheat the oven. The oven temperature must be 475°F.
- Transfer broccoli to the cast iron skillet with avocado oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir to combine and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss and bake for another 5-10 minutes. After that, take the skillet out. You can see florets changing into golden brown color or forming charred and crispy edges.
- Top with Parmesan and serve.
Chef's pro tip
When making this keto Parmesan roasted broccoli, we suggest skipping the frozen florets as they have too much water and will not get as crispy as fresh broccoli will.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
If you have leftovers, first, you need to make sure they are cooled to room temperature. Avoid covering or sealing while it's still hot, as it can create condensation, leading to sogginess. Once cooled, place the leftovers in an airtight container. Properly stored, the leftovers should last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
You can also store it in the frozen section. The frozen broccoli can last up to 3 months. By freezing, the taste won't be affected much, but the texture might be less appealing.
Reheating best practices
You can reheat for about 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven to 375°F (190°C). If you're in a hurry, you can also reheat the leftovers in the microwave. Use a microwave-safe dish, cover it loosely, and heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Get ready to make some tasty Charred Keto Broccoli with Parmesan. It's easy to prepare, full of flavor, and topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan. The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity and short cook time, just 35 minutes in total. We have a feeling it'll soon become a staple in your meal rotation.
So, why wait? Put on your apron, gather your kitchen tools and ingredients, and whip up this delightful broccoli side dish. Don't forget to let us know how it turned out! Share this recipe with those friends and family who usually dodge broccoli - we bet they'll be saying: "This is the best broccoli dish we've ever had."
Frequently asked questions
Charred Keto Broccoli with Parmesan
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- Preheat oven to 475°. Cut the broccoli into small florets and add the broccoli to the cast iron skillet along with the avocado oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir to combine then transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, toss then bake another 5-10 just until the broccoli starts to char. Top with parmesan and serve.