This Keto Curry Skillet with Salmon is an awesome low-carb dinner option that is packed with veggies and tons of flavor.
I always wanted to have a career dealing with food. When I was in high school I had big plans to go to culinary school and open a restaurant. The big plot hole in this story is I had no idea how to cook anything other than scrambled eggs at that point in my life. So, I went to a traditional university and got a degree in public health instead. I still believe running a restaurant would be great, but now I think running a food truck would be right up my alley. If I had a food truck it would serve dishes like this Keto Curry Skillet with Salmon and the name of my truck would be, wait for it…Curry on My Wayward Son.
This salmon curry reminds me of a little Asian restaurant Lauren and I used to frequent. They had a variety of curry styles ranging from Thai, to Indian, to British. I always thought that last one was out place. Regardless, the food was always delicious and they had the best hot sauce. One time we just order a to-go cup of hot sauce and took it home to eat on everything our hearts desired until our taste buds were essentially scorched. #worthit
A note on Omegas
You can adjust this recipe to include whatever meat you prefer or even make it vegetarian, but keep in mind eating salmon as part of your regular diet is a great way to support your health. Salmon’s omega 3 to omega 6 ratio is quite impressive as well, and experts agree that having a ratio below 1:4 leads to decreased inflammation.
That being said, the average person who eats the Standard American Diet (SAD) has an omega 3 to omega 6 ratio approaching 1:25, but if you are following a diet that emphasizes whole sustainable food sources your ratios will naturally be much lower.
Check out these other resources to read more about the health benefits of salmon and learn more about omega fatty acids:
- Worlds Healthiest Foods – Salmon
- The Bulletproof Guide to Omega 3 Vs. Omega 6 Fats
- Why the Omega-3/Omega-6 Ratio May Not Matter After All
Keto Curry Skillet with Salmon
- 1 lb salmon skin removed
- 1 13.5oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- ½ white onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 head baby bok choy cut into 1” strips
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Thai basil minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Zest of ½ a lime
- Heat oil in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté curry paste, ginger, garlic and onion until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, except basil, and simmer 7-10 minutes or until veggies are soft and salmon is fully cooked.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.