This Keto Broiled Salmon is quick and easily made on a sheet pan resulting in a mess-free kitchen and stove!
Broiled salmon = less mess than frying on the stovetop + it's easy to cook many fillets at once. We love broiling salmon fillets for quick meal-prep options that last a few days and our cast-iron sheet pan comes in perfectly handy. Whereas you can maybe pan fry two fillets at once, a sheet pan can do at least 6 so it's great for larger families and those of us who like leftovers!
A note on sheet pans
Don't have a cast-iron sheet pan? No worries! You can grab one for a few bucks here, or you can use a broiler-safe sheet pan that you already have on hand.
For this recipe, we've used our basic lemon herb marinade but you can also keep it simple and just drizzle the fillets with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper before broiling. You can also come up with your own marinade option. Let your freak flavor flag fly.
Keto Broiled Salmon
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven broiler to high (500° F).
- If using the marinade, mix the ingredients with the oil. Place the salmon in a shallow dish and pour the oil over the salmon, refrigerate for 20 minutes. If not using marinade, proceed with next step.
- Place the salmon on a cast-iron baking sheet and top with marinade or oil along with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and broil for 10-15 minutes until the top of the salmon is crispy and browned. The internal temperature should be 120° F for medium-rare or 140° F for well-done.