This Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet is a great low-carb one-skillet dinner. It's packed with healthy vegetables, delicious smoked sausage, and a bit of cheesy goodness.
This Keto Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet recipe is sponsored by Kiolbassa Smoked Meats, thank you for supporting the brands that make delicious Cast Iron Keto recipes EPIC.
In the mood for something easy and delicious? Who isn’t? Well look no further, this Keto Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet is a breeze to make! It's so tasty and best of all even easier to clean up. Personally, this is our perfect keto meal. That's because it has tons of veggies, a little bit of cheese, and high-quality Kiolbassa sausages.
The sausage really is the star of the dish and we could have just done a recipe for polish smoked sausage with peppers and onions (definitely delish) but we wanted to do something a little more casserole centric.
Why Kiolbassa Sausages?
We know that we can trust Kiolbassa to be the highest quality of meat. It's completely free from preservatives, gluten, MSG, fillers, and cereals. That's why we use their product in lots of our recipes, like this Keto Pierogi Sausage Skillet.
In fact, the good folks at Kiolbassa make such a fantastic product they stand behind it 100%. If it’s not the best sausage you’ve ever eaten, you get your money back. Those are strong words in today’s world. We’re guessing they don’t have very many complaints.
They’ve been hand-crafting a variety of sausages and bacon since Harry S. Truman was in office. They do it as good or better than anybody so go ahead and give this recipe and Kiolbassa a try!
Be sure to watch the video in the recipe card below for a step-by-step how-to!
Keto Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (13-oz) package Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausage
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ small head cabbage cored and chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Heat the butter over medium high heat in a 10.5" or larger cast iron skillet. Once hot add in the sliced sausage and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Add in the onion, garlic, pepper, and cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the tomatoes and top with cheese. Transfer to oven for 10 minutes or just until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Serve immediately.