These Easy Garlic Butter Green Beans are packed with super crispy garlic! The perfect side to pair with your favorite grilled or roasted protein!
These Garlic Butter Green Beans are as simple as it gets and tasty too! Seriously, this side dish is the perfect intersection between superb taste and minimal effort. Plus, it all can be on the plate in a matter of minutes and only has 3 ingredients:
- trimmed green beans (we buy them already trimmed to save time!)
- unsalted butter (grass-fed is our go-to!)
- garlic (use large cloves for easy slicing)
Green beans are a great keto-friendly side dish because of their low-ish amount of carbs (7g per 100g) and a good amount of fiber (3.4g per 100g) so you’re left with only 3.6g net carbs per 100g. This side dish works wonderfully with a variety of protein sources and entree’s to make a quick and easy dinner that will taste anything but quick and easy.
Most of my life I was pretty neutral towards green beans, I didn’t love them (except for my grandmother’s) but I didn’t have anything against them. They just kinda came out bland every time I tried to make them at home. I used to half-jokingly tell people the reason my grandmother’s green beans were so tasty was that she didn’t wash her hands!
Is Garlic Keto?
Yes! On various keto forums and message boards, I’ve seen folks become concerned over including garlic in their ketogenic diet because it contains 33g of carbs per 100 grams with minimal fiber. Now, if you are eating keto and limiting your carbohydrate intake to 5% of your daily calories that’s a big deal, but 100g of garlic is a LOT of garlic (like a whole bulb or 2) and unless you plan on doing some vampire-slaying in the near future you have nothing to worry about when a recipe calls for a few cloves. In fact, garlic is a nutritional powerhouse and it has a variety of health benefits. Most of which come from consuming it raw, but in it’s cooked form it’s still nothing to scoff at.
Check out the articles below to learn more about the health benefits of garlic both raw and cooked:
- Roasted Garlic and Health – Livestrong.com
- What are the Health Benefits of Raw Garlic vs. Cooked Garlic – HealthyEating.SFGate.com
- 6 Surprising Ways Garlic Boosts Your Health – Cleveland Clinic
Easy Garlic Butter Green Beans
- 1 lb trimmed green beans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Place the green beans in a 10.5” cast iron skillet with 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat for 3-4 minutes, drain off the water and set the green beans aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet over medium heat, once hot add in the garlic and cook 30 seconds before adding the green beans back to the skillet. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the green beans are tender. Season with salt and serve.