This Keto White Chicken Chili is made with just 5 simple ingredients for an easy and comforting low-carb soup.
Can you call a soup "chili" if it doesn't have beans? We're going to go with a yes. This Keto White Chicken Chili is one of our favorite meals.
It's easy too, just a few simple ingredients and spices from your pantry and you're well on your way to a nourishing meal the entire family will love.
Here's what you'll need:
- bone broth - the quality kind, the kind that jiggles like jello when it's cold. That's how you know it's packed with gut-healing collagen.
- chicken - again, opt for organic when possible not only for your health's sake but for the chicken's as well.
- onion - the perfect aromatic for this chili.
- salsa verde - a simply clean store-bought salsa works great here since one ingredient can add both the tomatillo as well as some lime, jalapeños, and spices. Plus a jar of salsa will always be cheaper than purchasing all of the ingredients to make your own.
- oil + spices - simple pantry items you should already have on hand.
For toppings, a simple avocado adds a nice boost of fat as well as fiber and potassium. If you're not worried about keeping this recipe to 5 ingredients or less sliced jalapeños, and some cilantro also makes great toppings.
Here are a few reading topics about the benefits of bone broth and our favorite, avocados:
- An Avocado a Day Keeps the Cardiologist Away
- Avocados and their Effects on Metabolic Syndrome
- The Healing Power of Bone Broth
Looking for more Keto soup recipes? Check these out!
- Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
- One-Pot Leftover Turkey Soup (keto + low carb)
- Keto Peruvian Chicken Soup
- Keto Chicken Tikka Masala Soup
- Classic Chili
- Turmeric Chicken Soup
- Keto Chicken Soup
- Loaded Turnip Soup
- Keto Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 avocados diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven.
- Sauté onion for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add spices, and cook a minute longer until fragrant.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except avocado) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred, then return to pot. Taste for salt.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top with diced avocado. Serve.