This Keto White Chicken Chili is made with just 5 simple ingredients for an easy and comforting low-carb soup.
Can you call a soup “chili” if it doesn’t have beans? We’re going to go with a yes. This Keto White Chicken Chili is one of Lauren’s favorite meals, I swear I think she could eat it for every meal for a week but by then she would be tired of it and we’d never have it again. That’s usually how that goes. We used to roast chicken thighs with lemons and jalapenos multiple times a week for at least a year, now I don’t think we’ve had them in at least two. Anyways, this Keto White Chicken Chili is indeed delicious, even without the beans.
It’s easy too, just a few simple ingredients and spices from your pantry and you’re well on your way to a nourishing meal the entire family will love. Here’s what you’ll need:
bone broth – the quality kind, the kind that jiggles like jello when it’s cold. That’s how you know it’s packed with gut-healing collagen.
chicken – again, opt for organic when possible not only for your health’s sake but for the chicken’s as well.
onion – the perfect aromatic for this chili.
salsa verde – a simply clean store-bought salsa works great here since one ingredient can add both the tomatillo as well as some lime, jalapenos, and spices. Plus a jar of salsa will always be cheaper than purchasing all of the ingredients to make your own.
oil + spices – simple pantry items you should already have on hand.
For toppings, a simple avocado adds a nice boost of fat as well as fiber and potassium. If you’re not worried about keeping this recipe to 5 ingredients or less sliced jalapenos, and some cilantro also makes great toppings. Here are a few reading topics about the benefits of bone broth and my favorite, avocados:
- An Avocado a Day Keeps the Cardiologist Away
- Avocados and their Effects on Metabolic Syndrome
- The Healing Power of Bone Broth
Looking for more Keto soup recipes? Check these out!
- Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
- One-Pot Leftover Turkey Soup (keto + low carb)
- Keto Peruvian Chicken Soup
- Keto Chicken Tikka Masala Soup
- Classic Chili
- Turmeric Chicken Soup
- Keto Chicken Soup
- Loaded Turnip Soup
- Keto Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup 225g salsa verde
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 avocados diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven.
- Saute onion 3-4 minutes until soft. Add spices, cook a minute longer until fragrant.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except avocado) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken, shred, then return to pot. Taste for salt.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top with diced avocado. Serve.