This Keto Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup is our take on an easy low-carb Pho! This recipe is perfect for weeknights and ready in under 45 minutes!
This Keto Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is sponsored by our friends at Pacific Foods. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Cast Iron Keto recipes EPIC.
This soup is SO perfect for cooler winter days. It’s packed with flavor from spices like cardamom, coriander, star anise, and aromatics like ginger, lemongrass, and garlic. To make the broth even better we used our favorite Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth.
The bone broth is the key to making a quick pho style soup. Typically, pho broth takes many many hours to make and while we’re all for the classic version, we definitely love this quick weeknight version. Using Pacific’s bone broth we get all the rich flavor of a quality, homemade bone broth without having to make our own. SCORE.
Let’s chat about the toppings! We LOVE the fried shallots and garlic chips. If you’re wondering if it’s worth the extra few minutes to make the answer is a YES, a million times yes.
For the other toppings, we’re using bean sprouts, mint, cilantro, basil, serranos, and lime. You could also add in some Sriracha too if you like a little hot sauce as we do!
If you’re wondering if you have to add noodles, no you don’t. We love adding some shirataki noodles to this soup but it’s just as delicious without them.
Did you make this recipe? Share a photo on Instagram and tag @castiron_keto and @pacificfoods!
Keto Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 star anise
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 piece lemongrass crushed
- 1 ” piece of ginger thinly sliced
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts
- 2 packages shirataki noodles optional
- Salt to taste
Fried shallots and garlic:
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 serranos thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- First, make the fried shallots and garlic. Heat 3 tablespoons of avocado oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium low heat. Once hot fry the shallot and garlic until crispy, about 3 minutes. Watch carefully so that they do not burn. Use a slotted spoon to remove the shallot and garlic to a plate reserving the oil in the Dutch oven.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil to the reserved oil in the Dutch oven. Turn the heat to medium. Once hot, add the coriander, star anise, and cardamom to the pot.
- Cook for 1 minute then add in the white pepper, lemongrass, and ginger.
- Cook another minute then pour in the Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth and water. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the chicken to the pot, cover and cook 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, remove the chicken and shred. Taste the soup for salt and add more if needed.
- Place the prepared shirataki noodles in bowls and top with the chicken. Use a slotted spoon to strain out the soup solids then ladle the broth over the chicken and noodles. Top with toppings and serve.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.
Looking for more Keto Vietnamese Recipes? Check out our Keto Bánh Mì Bowls!