This Keto Taco Alfredo Chicken Pasta recipe will satisfy your pasta cravings in a low-carb and gluten-free way!
This Keto Taco Alfredo Chicken Pasta is a mashup of some of our favorite flavors. It is super simple to make and made with only 5 ingredients (minus spices and pantry staples).
Do you know how alfredo sauce was invented? In the early 20th century an Italian man named Alfredo added a ton of butter and cheese to his pasta in order to spur his wife’s appetite while she was pregnant. We don’t know if that was a true story or just a myth, but we do know if you put enough butter and cheese on just about anything it instantly becomes delicious and practically irresistible.
Of course, traditional pasta is way outside the macronutrient profile for those on a keto diet, so for this recipe, we use Miracle Noodles. The miracle noodle is derived from the konjac plant, and when you open your first bag be prepared because the smell is atrocious. Fortunately, they taste nothing as they smell, in fact, they don’t have much taste at all. We use them in dishes primarily for the texture, and the amazing health benefits.
These noodles are full of prebiotics and are a great source of viscous fiber. If you are following the keto diet for weight loss these are great to have on hand because they are calorie-free, practically carb-free, and they stimulate a gut hormone that makes you feel full. However, they have been found to cause gastrointestinal distress in some people, so if you haven’t had them before, add them into your diet gradually to see how you tolerate them.
Check out these other resources to read more about the nutritional benefits of shirataki noodles:
- Are Shirataki Noodles Good for You?
- Benefits of Shirataki Noodle
Keto Taco Alfredo Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken cutlets see notes for plant-based options
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning divided
- 1 cup heavy cream see notes for dairy free options
- 1.5 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese see notes for dairy free options
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel
- 2 (7-ounce) packs Miracle noodles, prepared
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1 tablespoon of spices then sear 3-4 minutes per side until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet then pour in the cream, remaining spices, and bring to a boil. Stir in the cheese and simmer until thickened.
- Drain the Rotel and add it to the Alfredo sauce. Stir in the prepared Miracle noodles.
- To serve, divide the pasta between 4 bowls and top with sliced chicken.
- in place of chicken, use extra-firm tofu cutlets that have been pressed
- in place of heavy cream, use unsweetened plain almond milk
- in place of shredded cheese, simply use a dairy-free equivalent like Violife
Lesley Reitmeyer says
Looks great. Going to make it with left over carnitas.
sheenam @ thetwincookingproject says
How yummy does that look. Loved the recipe.