This One-Pot Leftover Turkey Soup is an easy way to use up leftover turkey! It’s low-carb and ready in under 20 minutes!
This One-Pot Leftover Turkey Soup is the perfect mix between a white chili and our famous Keto Queso Soup so you KNOW it’s delicious. Perfect anytime throughout the year but especially right after Thanksgiving and Christmas to help use up any leftover turkey.
We start by sautéing bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, garlic, and onions in a bit of oil along with some taco seasoning. When the veggies are nice and soft you’ll add in turkey stock and green chilies and simmer for 5 minutes or so before adding in the turkey, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Whisk it up until it’s nice a creamy and dig in!
Should the turkey be chopped or shredded?
Either is fine, it’s totally up to your preference. To easily shred turkey try placing it in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on low speed. You can also use a normal handheld electric mixer. If all else fails, go for the old fashion way with your bare hands!
Can I use a different stock or broth?
Anything but fish or beef will work just fine. Chicken, turkey, or vegetable are all good choices.
What is the nutritional information?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand’s ingredients may have different values.
To get a specific serving size you’ll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. We can’t provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use.
Can I freeze this soup?
Yes! We like to freeze soup in Stasher Bags or Mason Jars!
Can I make this turkey soup in an Instant Pot or slow cooker?
Sure thing! Here’s how…
Start off the same way as written with the saute function on the IP, add in the remaining ingredients and place the lid on the pot. Cancel the saute function and choose manual high pressure for 6 minutes. Once the 6 minutes are up, manual release then whisk to smooth out any lumps from the cream cheese.
Start by following the instructions for sauteing the vegetables. Add the vegetables and the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or high for 1-2.
One-Pot Leftover Turkey Soup
- 1 lb leftover turkey shredded or chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapenos minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 4 cups turkey broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1 lime quartered
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven. Once hot add in the bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add in the spices and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Pour in the canned green chiles and the turkey broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the heavy cream and cream cheese. Simmer 3-4 minutes and whisk to smooth out any lumps.
- Add in the turkey, heat another minute or two then divide between bowls and top with desired toppings.