This super easy gluten free Keto Cream of Chicken Soup recipe is perfect for all of your low carb casserole creations! Just a few simple ingredients are all you need.
Who’s excited for ALL the keto casseroles you’re going to make with this absolutely delicious Keto Cream of Chicken Soup?! We believe that we’ve come up with the BEST recipe for this traditionally canned product that tastes AMAZING. Like lick the spoon good. Let’s chat specifics!
What’s in Keto Cream of Chicken Soup?
- unsalted melted butter
- xanthan gum
- chicken bone broth or chicken stock
- heavy whipping cream
- poultry seasoning
- cooked chicken breast (you can use rotisserie chicken or even a clean canned chicken breast)
- salt and pepper
How to make Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
Are you ready to learn how freaking easy it is to make this cream of chicken soup?…
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally until thickened.
ONE STEP, that’s it! How awesome is that?! It’s literally just dump and go and then you have a thick luscious cream of chicken soup that’s going to make your casserole dreams come true.
Can I make this dairy free?
Yes, you can. Just swap the heavy cream for coconut cream and refined coconut oil for the butter. As there’s no cream cheese in this recipe it’s a bit easier to make dairy-free.
What about a vegetarian version?
Sure thing, swap out the butter for coconut oil, the chicken broth for vegetable broth, and the heavy cream for coconut cream. Use the mushrooms in place of the chicken.
Can I use this recipe for other recipes like cream of mushroom soup?
YES! Swap out the chicken breast for minced mushrooms and you’re good to go!
How long can you store Keto Cream of Chicken Soup?
You can store the cream of chicken soup in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Are there other uses for this Low Carb Keto Cream of Chicken Soup recipe?
What is the nutritional information?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand’s ingredients may have different values.
To get a specific serving size you’ll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. We can’t provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use.
Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ cup minced cooked chicken breast
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium cast iron skillet or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally until thickened.