This Roasted Vegetable Gazpacho is a light and delicious summertime soup that’s low-carb, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients, healthy fats, and a bit of protein.
This Roasted Vegetable Gazpacho recipe is sponsored by Pacific Foods, thank you for supporting the brands who make CIK recipes EPIC.
We’ve been gazpacho fans for a while now, there’s just something so refreshing about a cold soup on a hot summer day. We decided to kick up the flavor a bit though by roasting the vegetables first in this Roasted Vegetable Gazpacho. Best decision ever.
Roasting the vegetables first brings a richness to the gazpacho that using raw vegetables does not. The natural sugars from the vegetables start to release and caramelize a bit making one delicious soup. While there is no meat in this gazpacho we love using Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth for a bit of nourishing protein and collagen. The end result is a gazpacho that is still cool and refreshing but has the flavor of a hearty soup, it’s a win-win.
Pacific Foods is our go-to for healthy shelf-stable broth. We keep a variety of their broth on hand at all times for quick soups and stews and even just sipping. We’re huge fans of making our own broth but our freezer space is limited in our “micro” house so keeping lots of frozen broth on hand just isn’t an option, we have plenty of cabinet space though so this is a perfect solution and their products are top of the line and what we use in all of our recipes, sponsored or not.
The Organic Chicken Bone Broth that we used in this recipe is made with organic chicken bones, onions, carrots, celery, sea salt, cider vinegar, and rosemary. That’s such a clean combo and lends itself to any recipe calling for chicken broth.
One note, if you do want to add a protein to this gazpacho, we love crisping some prosciutto in a skillet and crumbling it over the top. Goat cheese crumbles are also equally delicious and the two work really well together too.
For the other toppings, we went with some chopped cucumber, jalapeño, and cilantro with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. YUM.
This can be served as a full meal or even as a side, totally up to you!
Roasted Vegetable Gazpacho
- 2 large zucchini cubed
- 1 small white or yellow onion quartered
- 5 large tomatoes quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or another high heat oil like coconut
- 3 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the zucchini, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, and garlic in a large cast-iron skillet (we used a 15” skillet - you could also use two smaller skillets or a sheet pan).
- Drizzle the vegetables with the avocado oil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Turn the broiler to high and roast for 5 minutes until a char starts to form.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender and puree until smooth. Pulse in the Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least 8 hours.
- Divide the gazpacho between bowls and top with sliced cucumber, cilantro, and sliced chili peppers. Garnish with flaky sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.