This Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup has all of your favorite buffalo flavors in a warming and comforting low-carb, gluten-free, and dairy-free optional soup.
If I were to make a list of my top 5 favorite foods buffalo wings and soup would definitely be on that list. The exact ranking is constantly in flux, but those two are consistently in the running for my top spot. That’s what makes this Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe absolutely amazing. It’s combining two of my favorite things into one delicious easy to make and even easier to clean up meal.
I’ve had a lot of requests for dairy-free recipes lately and this recipe is dairy-free unless you top it with blue cheese. I’ve also been sensing a lot of you aren’t huge cauliflower fans. This recipe does have cauliflower but hang with me for a moment. I can’t please everybody, but if you have your flag firmly planted in the anti-cauliflower camp, you may want to think again.
The cauliflower taste in this recipe is non-existent as the buffalo sauce overpowers it. The cauliflower texture is completely smooth and creamy, thanks to the use of an immersion blender. So give cauliflower another chance if you’ve given it the boot, it’s too nutritious and versatile to completely exclude from your diet.
Cauliflower is absolutely packed with phytochemicals and fiber, which is an important nutrient too many people following a keto diet fall short in their intake.
To read more about the amazing health benefits of cauliflower, check out the links below:
- Greatist – Superfood: Cauliflower
- Dr. Axe – 8 Great Cauliflower Benefits, Nutrition, and Recipes
- Mercola – 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 12 oz cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken shredded
- ⅔ cup buffalo sauce we use Franks Red Hot Original
- 5 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons minced chives for garnish
- Add the cauliflower, broth, onion powder, garlic powder, and buffalo sauce to a 5-quart cast iron Dutch oven. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is easily pierced by a fork.
- Puree using an immersion blender, or transfer to a standard blender, blend until smooth and return to pot.
- Add chicken and simmer for another 1-2 minutes until hot. Garnish with optional toppings (1.5 oz blue cheese, chives, etc…) and serve.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.