This Keto Southwestern Breakfast Hash is a great low-carb breakfast option or a fun dinner that's packed with cheese, eggs, salsa, avocado and more!
We absolutely love recipes like this Keto Southwestern Breakfast Hash, it's simple, delicious, and pairs well with just about everything. This recipe is a variation on our breakfast "potatoes" which are a regular staple for us.
The possibilities for different variations are practically endless which makes it ideal for almost everyone.
We cracked a few eggs into this hash, and the runny yolk mixed all throughout with the melty cheese resulted in the most delicious sauce imaginable!
Turnips are a cruciferous vegetable, just like broccoli and Brussels sprouts, but uniquely they are also a root vegetable. They taste like a cross between a carrot and a potato and can be subbed in place of the starchy tuber in many recipes. Turnips are packed with nutrients and even provide anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiparasitic, and antibacterial benefits. Fun fact, turnip juice can actually be used as a pretty effective deodorant. Who knew?!
Getting back on track, if you can find turnips with their leafy greens still intact, cook those too. The greens are even more nutritious than bulbous part of the turnip. Most grocery store sells the greens and the bulb separately, so your local farmer’s market may be your best option when they are in season.
Check out these other resources to read more about the astounding nutritional benefits of turnips:
Keto Southwestern Breakfast Hash
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- Lime wedges
- Add the oil to a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the turnips and spices. Cook 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the onion, pepper, and garlic, continue to cook 3 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Make 4 divots in the hash and crack in the eggs. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes until the whites are set.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.