These easy Keto Crab Cakes are gluten-free and served with a quick homemade tartar sauce. Eat them as an appetizer, main dish, or even as a burger!
How much salt do crabs like on their food? Just a pinch! But seriously Keto Crab Cakes! This calls for a shell-abration. These are so delicious we must be dreaming...somebody pinch us. Shore-ly we're over the claw-ful limit of crustacean-related puns, This can't conch-tinue. Okay, okay, okay that was the last one, we promise. We were all-in on shell-abration, but by the time we got to conch-tinue, we knew if we kept going we'd end up at crab-ohydrates, and that's a little too cheesy, even for us.
Crabmeat is a delicious protein option rich in B vitamins, phosphorus, selenium, copper, and omega-3’s. One thing to be cautious of when shopping for crab meat is the imitation stuff. Always opt for real crab as imitation is a highly processed food that can contain all kinds of starches, sugar, and even MSG. Plus, it's actually made of white fish and usually wheat as well. This is especially useful information for keto-dieters because of all the added starches a single serving of imitation crab meat can contain up to 20g of carbs.
Check out these other resources to read more about the awesome nutritional benefits of crab meat and more reasons to avoid imitation crab:
Ingredients in Keto Crab Cakes
- bell pepper
- almond flour
- Old Bay seasoning
See how simple the ingredient list is?!
How to serve
- on top of greens as an appetizer
- tucked into our Keto Rolls with lettuce, tomato, and tartar sauce for a Keto Crab Cake Slider
- on top of a salad
Keto Crab Cakes
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- ¼ onion diced
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying
- Greens for serving
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- ½ tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Swerve
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- In a medium bowl mix together the crab cake ingredients, form into 6 patties.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a small jar with a lid, shake to combine.
- In a cast iron skillet heat the butter over medium heat. Fry each crab cake for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce, greens, and a wedge of lemon.