This Keto Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet is ready in less than 20 minutes and has just 5 simple ingredients!!!
This Keto Garlic Butter Shrimp with Asparagus is one seriously easy recipe that’ll look like and taste like you spent a lot more time than 20 minutes and 5 ingredients to make.
What You’ll Need:
- asparagus tips (or cut the thick ends off of regular asparagus)
- olive oil
That’s it, well plus a little salt and pepper. Maybe even some red chili flakes if you like a bit of spice.
It’s just as perfect for busy weeknights as it is for a romantic date night. This recipe has really become a staple menu item for Lauren and me lately, we’ve had it at least twice this week already… don’t judge.
When I began work on this recipe, It was supposed to be shrimp scampi over miracle/konjac noodles. Instead, I opted to add asparagus instead and bump up the nutritional value of this meal. After a little research on shrimp scampi (I’m about to nerd out a little bit), I found out that shrimp scampi is somewhat of a misnomer. Scampi actually refers to an entirely different species of sea creature, and although it’s appearance is similar to that of shrimp it is actually a lobster, a Norway Lobster to be exact.
Anyway, this recipe really is a delicious and equally nutritious dinner option plus you can have leftovers for lunch the next day. These are leftover you’ll actually be excited to finish off. Unlike that one recipe you made 3 weeks ago, you know the one. The one that keeps getting pushed back further and further in the abyss of the fridge. Forgotten until yesterday when you opened it to throw it out, and it slightly resembled your 6th-grade science fair project…(I hope that’s something that happens to other people… Or else I come off as a disgusting slob in that very specific example). Anyone??
Finally, check out these links below to check out the plethora of nutritional benefits packed on this meal:
Keto Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces asparagus tips
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Heat the butter and the olive oil in a 10.5″ or larger cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add in the garlic and asparagus, cook about 3 minutes.
- Move the asparagus to the side and add in the shrimp, cook 1-2 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and cook another minute or so until most has evaporated.
- Season to taste and serve.