This Keto Creamed Spinach is an easy low-carb side dish that goes great with grilled steaks, chicken, or salmon!
Ready for the best low-carb side dish you’ll ever have? This Keto Creamed Spinach is a staple recipe you’ll turn to again and again, we promise!
I love spinach and I have always loved spinach even as a kid. Popeye the Sailor Man was my favorite cartoon, and he was strong to the finish ‘cuz he eats his spinach. One Christmas I even asked Santa for a can of spinach (I just realized how I must have sounded like an Appalachian Oliver Twist to the mall Santa) but I needed the spinach to go along with my temporary anchor tattoo and bubble pipe to complete the ensemble.
Anyway, whether or not you are a fan of spinach this recipe makes an excellent side dish. It’s perfectly cheesy with just a bit of nutmeg and can accompany your favorite chicken, steak, pork, or seafood entree.
Kale gets all the spotlight, but spinach is an amazingly delicious (and often undervalued) superfood. Spinach is packed full of magnesium, folate, and manganese especially when compared to other leafy greens.
For more information on how awesome spinach is, check out the links below:
- The Health Benefits of Spinach – BBC Good Food
- Spinach Nutrition: The Vitamin K Powerhouse – Dr. Axe
- What is Spinach Good For – Dr. Mercola
What’s in Keto Creamed Spinach?
- heavy cream
- cream cheese
- salt & pepper
It’s a super simple ingredient list but makes the best creamed spinach you’ll ever have!
What to serve this spinach side dish with:
Any grilled protein is delicious with this but you can also use the creamed spinach as a filling for salmon or chicken! Try it, it’s delicious!
How to store keto creamed spinach:
This recipe will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat on the stovetop with a little extra cream.
Keto Creamed Spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a 10.5" cast iron skillet, once hot add in the garlic and onion. Cook 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add in the spinach and cook 3-4 minutes until it's reduced in size. Add in the heavy cream and cream cheese, cook until the spinach is very wilted then stir in the parmesan, a pinch of nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper to taste.