This Keto Chicken Saltimbocca is an impressive skillet dinner that only takes 30 minutes to whip up!
This Keto Chicken Saltimbocca recipe was a new one for me, I wasn’t even sure how to say it at first… (Saul-Tim-Bow-Ka)… I am not as familiar with Italian cuisine as I’d like to be because for a large portion of my life, the extent of my experiences with Italian food centered around pizza and an occasional trip to the Olive Garden. Neither are the most authentic representations of Italian food, but for me they were the gateway into the deliciousness.
This recipe is equally perfect for family dinners as it for a romantic date night. Speaking of date nights; for one of my first few dates with Lauren, I invited her over to watch a movie at my apartment, and I’d cook dinner. I had a nice three-course meal planned out, it was going to be perfect. But awkwardness is my superpower, and nothing starts a date quite like dropping the first course of the floor. Of course, we made up for the missing course by eating a double serving of dessert, and the date didn’t go as terrible as I thought it had because Lauren recently let me know the face I made as the appetizers hit the floor was one of the cutest things she’d ever seen. At least my awkwardness is endearing.
So what is Saltimbocca you ask? Well, you start with chicken breasts, season them with salt and pepper, then top with fresh sage leaves. Next, you’ll wrap them up in prosciutto and bake until crispy. Serve it up with a lemon butter sauce and fresh roasted veggies and you’ve got one impressive dinner.
Keto Chicken Saltimbocca
- 4 chicken cutlets about 1 lb
- 8 slices prosciutto 3oz
- 8 sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces asparagus tips
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Season the chicken with the salt, place two sage leaves on each piece of chicken then wrap each piece of chicken with two pieces of prosciutto.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken 3 minutes per side until the prosciutto is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook until starting to soften about 3 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, lemon juice, and butter. Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook 3 minutes. Top with parsley and serve.