Get ready for a burst of flavor with this delightful Keto Chicken Saltimbocca recipe! Packed with juicy chicken, crispy prosciutto, and aromatic sage, this dish will transport you to culinary heaven. We have added a refreshing twist by incorporating tender asparagus tips and juicy cherry tomatoes. The result? A symphony of textures that will leave you craving for more.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍗 Ingredients for this keto chicken saltimbocca recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tool substitutes list
- Ingredient substitutions
- What to serve with keto chicken saltimbocca?
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage instructions
- Reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Don't tell yourself that you don't have time to make this showstopper. It only takes 20 minutes! Can't believe it? Well, all we have to do is season the juicy chicken, wrap it in sage leaves and prosciutto, and pan-sear. Then, cook it with colorful veggies for just 15 minutes.
Take this Keto Chicken Saltimbocca recipe to the next level with some tips. Try marinating the chicken with garlic, herbs, and lemon juice for about 30 minutes before cooking for an extra flavor burst. This will infuse the chicken with a zesty tang that beautifully complements the prosciutto and sage.
🍗 Ingredients for this keto chicken saltimbocca recipe
Get creative and spice up the recipe with a few of the following additional ingredients.
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Chicken Saltimbocca recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tool substitutes list
Don't have the exact tools? No need to fret. You can still nail the saltimbocca recipe with the following substitutes.
If your pantry lacks the exact ingredients as above, feel free to can swap some of them.
Chef's pro tip
Be cautious of the prosciutto unraveling while cooking. To avoid that, handle the meat gently. Alternatively, use kitchen twine to tie everything together. Or you can also chill the wrapped chicken for 15-30 minutes before cooking. This will help the ham slice to stick better to the cutlet. By implementing precautionary steps, you can ensure a seamless cooking process without any hiccups or issues.
What to serve with keto chicken saltimbocca?
Pair this flavor-packed main course with these side dishes.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
If you plan to make this easy chicken saltimbocca, prepare ahead of time so that the cooking process is quick.
Note: Remember to allow the leftovers to cool completely before storing them.
Note: The texture of the prosciutto may change slightly upon reheating.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Don't wait another moment to savor this Keto Chicken Saltimbocca's incredible flavors and nourishing ingredients. The crispy prosciutto, fragrant sage, and tender chicken combine to create a symphony of tastes that will leave you craving more. Grab your fork, take a bite, and let the flavors transport you to a world of deliciousness!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Chicken Saltimbocca
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 8 slices prosciutto about 3 ounces
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces asparagus tips
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Season the chicken with the salt, place two sage leaves on each piece of chicken then wrap each piece of chicken with two pieces of prosciutto.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken 3 minutes per side until the prosciutto is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook until starting to soften about 3 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, lemon juice, and butter. Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook 3 minutes. Top with parsley and serve.