These Grilled Shrimp Salsa Stuffed Avocados are a perfect summertime meal! Part cucumber Pico de Gallo, part shrimp salad, part grilled avocado you’re going to LOVE this low-carb recipe!
These Grilled Shrimp Salsa Stuffed Avocados taste like summertime. It’s weird to say something tastes like a season, but bear with me. Soups are comforting in the cold winter, everything is pumpkin spice flavored* for a few months in the fall, and this recipe is so fresh and light tasting it’s perfect for the oppressive heat and humidity of summer. Plus the avocado’s themselves are grilled. Of course, I used a cast iron grill pan, but if the weather is nice, toss ’em on the grill!
I have more than a few relatives in the medical field, and a few weeks ago we were all together and talking about Keto. The conversation eventually turned to avocado’s and how “avocado hand” was one of the most common reasons for E.R. visits. I’d never heard of such a thing, but apparently it’s real and I’ve been cutting avocados wrong my whole life, but what can I say? I like to live dangerously. In case you’re wondering how to safely cut an avocado click here.
Traveling through the Pacific Northwest recently has me on a real seafood kick. If you’re an avid Cast Iron Keto fan you may have noticed this is the second shrimp recipe I’ve posted this week.
And while I was researching for that post I came across an article by Dr. Axe, which I found to be very informative. The article talks about how shrimp are commonly misrepresented and the health concerns surrounding poorly raised shrimp. So be sure to choose shrimp caught from nearby wild populations instead of farm-raised or imported.
Looking for more Keto shrimp recipes? Check these out!
- Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Shrimp Po’ Boy Sliders
- Jalapeño Shrimp Hushpuppies
- Bacon and Shrimp Chowder
- Popcorn Shrimp
- Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet
Grilled Shrimp Salsa Stuffed Avocados
- 4 avocados halved
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 6 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 serrano or jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle with the oil and sear shrimp 2 minutes per side. Remove, chop into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half and grill cut side down for 2-3 minutes until grill lines form.
- Add the tomato, cucumber, serrano, onion, cilantro, and lime juice to the shrimp. Toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Stuff each avocado halve with the salsa and serve.