This Keto Popcorn Shrimp recipe is a delicious fried shrimp recipe that is great as a snack or thrown into salads and bowls!
This Keto Popcorn Shrimp recipe is amazingly delicious. Every bite is a perfectly crunchy morsel of flavor. Eat them by themselves, dip them in ketchup, or tartar sauce, or if you want to be even more awesome whip up a batch of our dinner rolls and go to town on some shrimp po’boy sliders!
I’ve talked about it before, but I was a pretty picky eater growing up. I would not eat seafood for the longest time. Popcorn shrimp was one of the foods I always wanted to like. It always looked so good and when we went on summer vacation and I would always adventure over and take a look at the multiple varieties on the buffet. The buffet boasted 170 items but I was always stuck with chicken tenders and mashed potatoes.
I tried popcorn shrimp many times, but never liked it. Until Lauren made some at home one day and changed my entire world. No longer was I regulated to the “turf” section of the menu at seafood restaurants. I had seen the light and began venturing into the “surf” section and never looked back.
So whether you are a seasoned seafood lover or someone looking to expand your horizons into a more adventurous eating style this recipe is for you.
Ingredients in keto popcorn shrimp
- shrimp – choose a small count shrimp
- coconut flour
- coconut oil
That’s just 5 ingredients! Super easy, promise.
Can I bake the shrimp instead of fry?
I wouldn’t. The hot oil from frying is what makes these shrimp super crispy.
Can I use this recipe for larger shrimp?
You can! The breading mixture also makes great fried oysters or clams!
Keto Popcorn Shrimp
- 1 lb small shrimp
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice blend sugar free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil for frying
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, in another bowl mix together the coconut flour, salt, and cajun spice. Dip the shrimp into the egg then dredge through the coconut flour mixture shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large 10.5" cast iron skillet - once hot add in the shrimp in batches making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 2 minutes per side and remove to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp then serve immediately.