This Keto Popcorn Shrimp recipe is a delicious fried shrimp recipe that is great as a snack or thrown into salads and bowls!
This Keto Popcorn Shrimp recipe is amazingly delicious. Every bite is a perfectly crunchy morsel of flavor. Eat them by themselves, dip them in ketchup, or tartar sauce, or if you want to be even more awesome whip up a batch of our dinner rolls and go to town on some shrimp po’boy sliders!
So whether you are a seasoned seafood lover or someone looking to expand your horizons into a more adventurous eating style this recipe is for you.
Ingredients in keto popcorn shrimp
- shrimp - choose a small count shrimp
- coconut flour
- coconut oil
That's just 5 ingredients! Super easy, promise.
Baking vs frying keto popcorn shrimp
Baking won't get the popcorn shrimp as crispy so we like frying these. If you have an air fryer you could try spraying them with oil and cooking them that way. If you give it a try, let us know the result in the comments below!
Using this breading recipe for larger shrimp
The breading mixture also makes great fried oysters, calamari, or clams.
Keto Popcorn Shrimp
- 1 lb small shrimp
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice blend sugar free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil for frying
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, in another bowl mix together the coconut flour, salt, and cajun spice. Dip the shrimp into the egg then dredge through the coconut flour mixture shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large 10.5" cast iron skillet - once hot add in the shrimp in batches making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 2 minutes per side and remove to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp then serve immediately.