Keto Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders are here to curb your cravings for a classic Louisiana Po' Boy sandwich that brings all the deliciousness without the carbs. Po Slider but keto? Yes, you heard it right!
Shrimp, seasoned to perfection, is nestled between tender lettuce leaves and Roma tomatoes and topped with a tangy remoulade sauce, all sandwiched between mini low-carb buns.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍤 Ingredients for this keto shrimp po’ boy sliders recipe
- Dinner rolls and shrimp
- Homemade remoulade sauce
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- What to serve with Mini Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders?
- How to make it healthier?
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage tips
- Reheating best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Don't let the preparation time deter you because these Keto Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders are worth every minute effort! While making the keto buns and filling from scratch may take around 1 hour and 15 minutes, there's a shortcut if you have our popular Keto Dinner Rolls and Popcorn Shrimp on hand.
In that case, assembling your sliders will only take 10 minutes! Simply layer the flavorful ingredients and add a touch of remoulade sauce for a truly irresistible twist. With these delicious appetizers, each bite will captivate your taste buds and leave you craving more!
The secret to nailing this easy shrimp po' boy recipe as a keto-friendly delight is the quality of ingredients used, especially the tasty crustacean. So try getting your hands into fresh shrimp. The frozen ones tend to have preservatives, and we don't want that unwelcome guest in our grub.
Once you have that, make big batches of the sliders by doubling the recipe. These really make great ready-to-go snacks, enabling you to have tasty food even when you are busy as a bee.
🍤 Ingredients for this keto shrimp po’ boy sliders recipe
Dinner rolls and shrimp
Homemade remoulade sauce
The best thing about the sliders is that you can always enjoy additional ingredients to your choice. Here are some keto-friendly options that can elevate your slider's profile:
The carb count must be considered when adding the new ingredients to ensure the recipe stays within the keto criteria!
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Shrimp Po’ Boy Sliders recipe, you'll need the following:
Tools substitute options
Don't worry if your kitchen is missing the exact cooking tools. We can replace them and still have the recipe work.
How to make Keto Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders: step-by-step guide
- Gather and measure the ingredients mentioned in the recipe.
- Wash and devein the shrimp. Slice the juicy tomatoes into four thin pieces and shred the lettuce.
- Prepare the bread dough for keto dinner rolls.
- Make dinner rolls: Prepare a batch of keto dinner rolls with our recipe but make 12 big rolls instead of 24. Allow it to cool, remove from the skillet, and carefully slice it in half horizontally.
- Prepare popcorn shrimp: Make a batch of yummy popcorn shrimp. You have to dip the shrimp into egg batter and dredge it in coconut flour and spice mixture before frying it in coconut oil for 4 minutes. Your crispy fried shrimp is ready for the next step.
- Make remoulade: In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and refrigerate the condiment until ready to use to get classic remoulade sauce.
- Assemble sliders: Top the bottom of the rolls with tomato slices, lettuce, shrimp, and remoulade. Then cover it with the top layer. Serve and enjoy!
Chef's pro tip
One common mistake to avoid when cooking sliders is overcooking the shrimp, which can result in a rubbery texture. To prevent this, keep a close eye on the cooking time and remove it from heat as soon as they turn opaque and firm. This will ensure tender and perfectly cooked shrimp, allowing you to savor their delightful flavor and texture.
What to serve with Mini Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders?
These mini Shrimp Po' Boy sandwiches pair perfectly with a variety of delicious side dishes. Here are some keto-friendly options to consider:
Remember, these are just a few suggestions, and you can always customize your side dishes based on your preferences and dietary needs. These easy Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders are versatile and can be enjoyed in multiple ways.
How to make it healthier?
You can still make this recipe healthy by doing some tweaks like:
By incorporating these healthier choices, you can make the recipe more nutrient-dense, increase the intake of healthy fats, and provide a satisfying, keto-friendly meal option.
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
These epic sliders make a great meal prep. Once you are done eating the fresh ones, you can store the remaining ones for the next meal.
Reheating best practices
You can easily reheat the appetizer in the oven or microwave. Here's how to do that!
Microwaving isn't the best option for reheating sliders. They quickly become mushy. But, if we got no other choice, we can use it.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
The Keto Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders are not only tasty but also versatile. As such, they make an excellent quick lunch, a fulfilling dinner, or a delicious party snack. Serve them to your family and friends, and they're sure to be amazed by your culinary prowess, even if you're just starting out.
These shrimp sliders also serve as a perfect quick meal solution for kids' lunches or a scrumptious office lunch. Whether you're longing for a savory dinner or require a delightful snack on the run, these sliders are the ideal pick. They are multifaceted and bursting with flavor, guaranteed to satisfy your palate and keep you coming back for more.
So why hold back from this enticing delicacy? Let's create some delicious keto rolls and crunchy shrimp and savor the magic moment with tangy remoulade. After all, this gastronomic journey is one worth taking!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Make a batch of keto dinner rolls according to this recipe except make them larger into 12 rolls not 24. Let cool then remove the rolls from the skillet then carefully slice the rolls in half.
- Make the keto popcorn shrimp according to this recipe.
- To assemble, top each roll with a slice of tomato, shrimp, lettuce, and remoulade.