These Keto Cheesy Chicken Poppers made with a cheese breading are perfect dunked into ketchup or piled on top of a salad.
These Keto Cheesy Chicken Poppers are like perfect bite-sized nuggets of happiness that you can dunk in ketchup. They remind us a lot of a cheesy version of the happy meals that we ate as kids minus the hot wheels toy or miniature beanie baby (side note - who had a massive collection of beanie babies growing up that you KNEW were going to be worth $$$ one day?).
Just because these are reminiscent of our childhoods doesn’t mean they are not perfectly suitable for an adult. This recipe really is for everybody, even the pickiest of eaters. What makes it so perfect for everyone? It’s the 3 C’s - Chicken-y, Cheesy, and Crunchy.
To add a cheesy element to the poppers we blended coconut flour and Moon Cheese together. Moon Cheese has always been one of our favorite snacks. This was the first time we didn’t just pop the crunchy little morsels straight into our mouth, and used them in a recipe.
While we used to love Cheez-Its, Moon Cheese is so much cleaner!
Just for comparison's sake, we've listed the ingredients to a regular box of Cheez-Its below:
Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Vitamin B1 [Thiamin Mononitrate], Vitamin B2 [Riboflavin], Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Soybean and Palm Oil with Tertiary Butylhodroquineione1 for Freshness), Cheese Made with Skim Milk (Skim Milk, Whey Protein, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Enzymes, Annatto Extract Color), And 2% or Less of Salt, Paprika, Yeast, Paprika Extract Color, Soy Lecithin.
Now the list of ingredients for Cheddar Moon Cheese:
Cheddar Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (Vegetable Color).
The difference is astounding from both the taste and health perspectives. When it comes to food sometimes simpler is better. That’s why we enjoy supporting (and eating) products like Moon Cheese. We're super excited to try the new sriracha flavor!
Moon Cheese is available nationwide at stores including Publix and Target. You can use their store locator to find a store near you!
Check out these other delicious recipes using Moon Cheese:
Keto Cheesy Chicken Poppers
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into 2″ cubes
- 2 bags Moon Cheese I used one cheddar and one gouda
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup refined coconut oil for frying
- Blend the Moon Cheese and the coconut flour together until fine. Place in a shallow bowl and beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 10.5″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip the chicken into the egg then dredge through the cheese mixture letting the excess fall off. Place in the hot oil and fry 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken making sure not to overcrowd the skillet.