Get ready for an amazing adventure with our Keto Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet! It's like setting sail to Italy, but without leaving your kitchen. The juicy shrimp in a creamy sauce packed with the yummy flavors of sun-dried tomatoes is so scrumptious, you would be asking for seconds. Whether you need a quick and easy dinner or want to impress your guests with a fancy feast, this one-pot meal is your ticket to food heaven. Without further ado, let's dive into the recipe!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🦐 Ingredients for this keto sun-dried tomato shrimp skillet recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet: step-by-step guide
- Cooking method
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- What to serve with keto sun dried tomato shrimp skillet?
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage instructions
- Reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
This recipe is your savior on busy days as it only takes 20 minutes to make. Sauté some garlic and red pepper flakes in oil, add the shrimp and let them sizzle for a couple of minutes on each side. Pour in the cream, add gruyere cheese, season to perfection, sprinkle some garnish, and brace yourself for an explosion of heavenly flavors.
Get ready to savor a satisfying weeknight meal with your loved ones. This recipe is not only perfect for dinner, but it also makes an excellent option for a flavorful lunch. For a well-rounded meal, serve it with steamed or roasted low-carb veggies to satisfy you throughout the day.
🦐 Ingredients for this keto sun-dried tomato shrimp skillet recipe
You can add some ingredients to lift the flavor profile of the creamy shrimp recipe. Some addition can be:
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet recipe, you need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet: step-by-step guide
- Finely chop the garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Empty the jar of sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the oil. Mince the sun-dried tomatoes into smaller bits.
- Grate the gruyere cheese using a box grater or a food processor.
- Mince the fresh basil leaves to have them ready for garnishing.
- If the shrimp is not already peeled and deveined, remove the shells and the dark vein running along the back of each shrimp. Rinse them under cold water and pat them dry.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of the reserved oil to a large 10.5″ cast iron skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet, and cook it stirring for 30 seconds just until fragrant. Add in the minced sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Add in the heavy cream and gruyere, and stir until melted and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh basil just before serving.
Chef's pro tip
One common mistake when making this recipe is overcooking the shrimp, which can result in a tough and rubbery texture. To avoid this, cook the shrimp for a couple of minutes on each side. Keep a close eye on them and remove them from the heat as soon as they turn pink and opaque. Another tip is to use room-temperature cream to avoid curdling when adding it to the skillet, or gently warm it in the microwave if you forget to bring it to room temperature.
What to serve with keto sun dried tomato shrimp skillet?
You can enjoy this yummy recipe of shrimp and sundried tomatoes with:
Note: Do not forget these side dishes can increase your calorie intake.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Get ready to dive into a plateful of delicious Keto Sun Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet! This recipe brings together the vibrant flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, the creaminess of the cheese, and the succulent shrimp, all in a single skillet. It's a flavor-packed adventure that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy!
Whip up this delectable dish, share the joy with your family and friends, and make unforgettable memories around the dinner table. It's so delicious that you may end up having this dish as your comfort food. And if you love this recipe as much as we do, don't forget to leave a comment or share it on social media! Happy cooking!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Sun-Dried Tomato Shrimp Skillet
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 3oz jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, minced (3 tablespoons oil reserved)
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the 3 tablespoons of the reserved oil to a large 10.5″ cast iron skillet, place over medium-high heat.
- Once hot add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet, cook stirring for 30 seconds just until fragrant. Add in the minced sun-dried tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp in a single layer and cook 2 minutes per side.
- Add in the heavy cream and gruyere, stir until melted and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh basil just before serving.