This Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta is a great versatile recipe that’s gluten-free, Keto, low-carb, and packed with summer flavor.
This Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta recipe is the perfect blend of summertime flavors! Our new house in Asheville came with a gas grill that is tied into the house gas line and we have been grilling all.the.things! We love it. Do you know what the best part is though? We can get that great smoky grilled flavor and still use our cast iron skillets on the grill.
Why you should use cast iron cookware with your grill
Because it is awesome. Period. But really, using a cast-iron skillet on your grill not only makes sure that the food doesn’t fall through the cracks (especially with things like shrimp and vegetables) but also I find that I’m able to get a consistent char by using both a cast iron skillet and the grill at the same time. It’s a win-win.
I think that’s the main reason that we are obsessed with cast iron – it’s so versatile, basically indestructible, and can be used on the stove-top, in the oven, under the broiler, on a gas, wood, or charcoal grill, or straight on top of a fire. Basically the Swiss Army Knife of the kitchen.
Ingredients in Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta
- shrimp – we opt for large wild-caught shrimp. Be sure the remove the shell and devein the shrimp – you can also purchase already cleaned shrimp to save a bit of time.
- sea salt + pepper
- olive oil – we use Bragg’s olive oil as it’s the very best olive oil that we have ever had (and Lauren even worked at an olive oil store for awhile years ago!)
- tomatoes – use a firm Roma tomato or on-the-vine tomatoes in a pinch
- garlic – please no pre-minced garlic here (or anywhere for that matter), always use a fresh garlic clove for the best flavor
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves
That’s it, super simple!
Want to add even more awesomeness to this Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta? Here are some options:
- baby mozzarella
- toasted Keto-friendly bread for a take on Panzanella
- grilled asparagus tips
- avocado? we’re pros at adding avocado to just about anything
How to make Shrimp Bruschetta
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Heat a 10” or larger cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot sear the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until pink and opaque in the center. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients for the Bruschetta salad. Toss the tomato mixture then add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve.
Ways to use Shrimp Bruschetta
Oh, the ways! Here are some of our favorite ways to use this Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta:
- by itself – it’s delicious when eaten straight-up as-is.
- on Keto-friendly toasted bread for a true Bruschetta experience – to do this we would place the bread slices on a baking sheet and preheat the oven to broil and toast the bread OR place a skillet over medium-high heat and sear the bread in a bit of olive oil until nice and golden. Rub the toasted bread with a clove of garlic.
- on top of salads
- stuffed into avocados like in these Grilled Shrimp Salsa Stuffed Avocados
- on top of grilled steak – yes, this is AMAZING
How to store Shrimp Bruschetta
The shrimp bruschetta will keep for about 2 days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. We like these glass containers.
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand’s ingredients may have different values.
To get a specific serving size you’ll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. We can’t provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use.
Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta
- 1 lb shrimp cleaned and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 basil leaves finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- n a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Heat a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot sear the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until pink and opaque in the center. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients for the Bruschetta salad. Toss with shrimp and serve.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.