These three cheese baked tomatoes make a perfect low-carb and Keto side dish! Stuffed with wilted spinach and topped with herbed goat cheese, White Cheddar Black Peppa Moon Cheese, and Parmesan cheese, you're going to love these!
This recipe for Three Cheese Baked Tomatoes is sponsored by our friends over at Moon Cheese, thank you for supporting the brands that make Cast Iron Keto recipes EPIC!
These Three Cheese Baked Tomatoes are SO easy to make and are so good with a variety of main dishes! We've served these up with grilled steaks, broiled salmon, chicken, and even just on their own as a light meal and/or snack.
First up, you're going to want to hollow out some tomatoes, we used a small on the vine tomato variety and these worked out perfectly. Be sure to scoop all of the seeds out so you don't end up with a watery mess.
Next, you'll wilt some spinach with some olive oil, minced garlic (or garlic powder or garlic salt) and divide the spinach between the tomatoes. Top each tomato with a slice of herbed goat cheese. Then add a sprinkle of crushed Moon Cheese (we used the new White Chedda Black Peppa flavor!) and a dusting of parmesan to the top before popping the skillet into the oven to get the cheese nice and bubbly.
This new flavor of Moon Cheese has to be one of our favorites, it's so flavorful and we love the subtle bite of the black pepper. We're also really proud to call Moon Cheese a Cast Iron Keto yearly partner.
This Three Cheese Baked Tomato recipe is also really easy to scale up or down based on how many people you're cooking for. You could make one or twenty and the time wouldn't be much different, don't you just love that?!
The bubbly cheese on top with the crunch from the Moon Cheese creates the perfect little bite. We can't wait to make these all season long!
Three Cheese Baked Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Salt to taste
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese sliced into 6 slices
- 1 package White Chedda Black Peppa Moon Cheese crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10" or larger cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach to the pan and allow it to wilt, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Transnfer the spinach to a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the tops off of the tomatoes and use a spoon to scoop out the center and all of the seeds. Place the tomatoes in a cast-iron skillet so that they are touching on all sides.
- Fill each tomato with spinach then top with a slice of goat cheese. Divide the crushed Moon Cheese and parmesan mixture over the tops.
- Carefully transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the tops are golden. Serve immediately.
Really nice side, and different from the usual side fare. Served along with a nice thick beef filet. Was a huge hit. Made a few mods though. Could not find the Moon Cheese. Used bacon bits instead for the crunch. In Europe so got some very fresh French herb crusted goats cheese topped with fresh from Parma parm. Great flavors and can be plated very elegantly.