These EASY Keto Steak Roll-Ups are a perfect option for any low-carb diet. Serve them up with a salad, mashed cauliflower, or Keto Creamed Spinach!
These Keto Steak Roll-Ups (also called Steak Pinwheels) are packed with caramelized onions, blue cheese, and BACON, can you say YUM?! There are a million and one filling options for steak roll-ups but this combo is definitely a personal favorite.
Other tasty options include:
- roasted red peppers + roasted garlic + spinach
- feta + spinach + antipasto mix
- prosciutto + provolone + Italian herbs
Have another idea? Leave them in the comments below!
Now, take a look at the below images to see the steps to make Keto Steak Roll-Ups:
You'll start with a flank steak, flatten in out with a meat mallet or yes, your cast iron skillet! Slice it open like a book, top with toppings, roll it up, secure with skewers, then slice into rolls.
You'll then give them a quick sear then transfer them to the oven to finish baking. Now's the time to throw together some sides.
What to serve with Keto Steak Roll-Ups:
- Keto Creamed Spinach
- Charred Cabbage Salad
- A salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Easy Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Keto Charred Broccoli
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the roll-ups ahead of time, just store the raw roll-ups in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to cook simply pre-heat the oven, sear the roll-ups on the stove-top then transfer them to the oven.
Keto Steak Roll-Ups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ large onion thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to make a slice horizontally through the steak (like a book) making sure to not cut through the other side, open it up then use a meat mallet to pour to a ¼” thickness.
- Heat the butter in a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add the onions to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until very soft and golden.
- Spoon the onion mixture over the steak, top with blue cheese, and bacon. Roll the steak up tightly and secure with skewers. Cut between the skewers to make pinwheels.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet, sear the pinwheels for 2 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Let the pinwheels rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply