There's something about the aroma of pumpkin spice that instantly puts us in a cozy mood. And when you combine it with the sweetness of the cake, magic happens! This Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake is a delightful treat that brings together the flavors of sweetness in every bite. It's moist and spiced just right, and it will satisfy your cravings without derailing your keto journey.
This Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe is sponsored by Pacific Foods. Thank you for supporting the brands that make delicious Cast Iron Keto recipes EPIC.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥧 Ingredients for this keto pumpkin spice cake recipe
- For the cake
- For keto cream cheese frosting
- Ingredient substitutions
- Optional toppings
- Cooking tools required
- Tool substitutes list
- How to make Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- What to serve with Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage tips
- Reheating best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
This Low-Carb Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe is perfect for pumpkin lovers with a sweet tooth. To prepare this, you just have to gather the ingredients, make the cake mix, and pop it in the oven. In only 55 minutes, you can enjoy this keto dessert!
If you can, please use fresh pumpkin for this recipe! Canned purée often contains hidden sugars or spices that can throw off your keto game.
🥧 Ingredients for this keto pumpkin spice cake recipe
For the cake
For keto cream cheese frosting
You can swap the original ingredients with these keto alternatives:
Note: We don't recommend substituting almond flour with coconut flour as coconut flour is more absorbent, and you would need to adjust all the other ingredients.
You can use these optional toppings to enhance your dessert experience. Some keto-friendly options are:
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tool substitutes list
If you don't have the exact tools mentioned, you can use the following tool substitutes:
How to make Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the required ingredients and measure them before cooking.
- Gather all the cooking tools. Also, you may have to wipe the tools to ensure cleanliness and hygiene.
- Grease a 10.5" cast iron skillet.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Prepare your toppings and measure them before making the recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients like almond flour, powdered erythritol, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt with the help of a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the wet ingredients by whisking the eggs, pumpkin puree, hemp beverage, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Carefully transfer the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl. Mix both ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased skillet and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the icing.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered erythritol, and hemp beverage using an electric hand mixer. Add additional hemp beverage 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Chef's pro tip
When our cake turns out dry and crumbly, it's like a major party foul, right? But no worries, we've got this. Let's kick things off by getting super exact with that almond flour measurement. And hey, show your batter some love—overmixing is just not cool. Our secret weapon? A dash of extra moisture! Something like pumpkin puree or unsweetened hemp milk does the trick. Ready to dig into your uber-moist, spice-hitting-all-the-right-notes, keto pumpkin spice cake? It's about to make your taste buds do a happy dance!
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
What to serve with Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake?
Keep this perfect dessert to enjoy after any course meal, or satisfy that sweet tooth by pairing it with other things; it will always be epic!
Storage and reheating instructions
To store the leftover cake, you can follow the given storage options:
Reheating best practices
You can easily reheat the keto pumpkin cake by using the following methods:
If you loved this recipe, check out these other awesome cake recipes:
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
For all you pumpkin addicts out there, this one's got your name on it! It's got that killer spice blend, that moist, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and the cream cheese frosting. Pure bliss. This cake is ready to hit those sugar cravings out of the park.
So, dust off your apron, gather those ingredients, and let's get baking this sinfully good keto pumpkin spice sheet cake.
Frequently asked questions
Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups powdered erythritol
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Original Beverage
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- ¼ cup Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Original Beverage
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased skillet and transfer to the oven. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- For the icing, in a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, powdered erythritol, and hemp beverage using an electric hand mixer. Add additional hemp beverage 1 tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency has been reached.