This Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake with cream cheese frosting is a perfect low-carb after dinner treat for those cool autumn evenings.
We love incorporating hemp into our diet as it’s rich in Omega 3 and 6 and essential amino acids and adds a dairy-free creamy texture to the cake. Yes, this cake does have a cream cheese icing but it’s easily made dairy-free by swapping out the cream cheese for a vegan cream cheese.
Let’s get to a few key questions and answers about this cake:
Can I use a normal baking dish?
Yes! If you’d like you can use a 10″ cake pan or a 9×9 baking dish. Just be sure to grease any pan you do use well or line the bottom with parchment.
When cutting the cake it comes out in the cleanest slices if you cool completely before cutting. I like to pop the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to help firm it up and create perfect slices.
Is pumpkin keto-friendly?
Yes! You can include pumpkin in a keto diet. 1 cup of pureed pumpkin contains 12 net carbs.
Can I sub coconut flour from almond flour?
No, please don’t. Coconut flour works completely differently in recipes than almond flour. You would need completely different rations of eggs, pumpkin, and hemp beverage to use coconut flour.
Are there any ways to customize this Pumpkin Spice Cake?
Isn’t that the most fun part of cooking? Of course, there is. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
add chocolate chips
swap out the cream cheese frosting for chocolate icing
make a brown sugar (erythritol) buttercream icing
What is the nutritional information for this Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand’s ingredients may have different values.
If you loved this recipe, check out these other awesome cake recipes:
Keto Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups powdered erythritol
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Original Beverage
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- ¼ cup Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Original Beverage
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased skillet and transfer to the oven. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- For the icing, in a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, powdered erythritol, and hemp beverage using an electric hand mixer. Add additional hemp beverage 1 tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency has been reached.