These Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados are a mouth-watering worthy blend of buffalo wings and guacamole! What’s not to love?
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed AVOCADOS FTW. Can you even?
Seriously, these stuffed avos are SO good. It’s the perfect combo two of my favorite things buffalo chicken wings and guacamole. Plus the buffalo ranch drizzle on top really puts these over the top.
Here are a few tricks to make these come out perfect:
How To CHOOSE THE RIGHT AVOCADOS
You’ll need big avocados for this, specifically 4” x 3″ but I don’t expect you to take a ruler to the grocery store. Could you imagine folks’ faces when you’re standing there in the produce aisle measuring avocados??
No, just go by how it looks…it should fill your palm as well.
Check out this wikiHow article to make sure you are grabbing the best avocados your local grocer has to offer. The TLDR is that you should choose avocados that are heavy and firm with just a very slight give when squeezed.
PRO-TIP: Once you have perfectly ripe avocados simply pop them into the refrigerator for up to 4 days to keep them at peak ripeness. If you leave them on the counter they will become mushy fast. Don’t worry though, toss those mushy avocados into a bowl with a bit of pico de gallo and make a guacamole!
SHORT ON TIME? USE A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
Best hack ever, if you’re short on time and can’t boil your own chicken grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Just be sure to remove the skin.
HOW TO SERVE
As an appetizer/party food or as a meal with a side salad on the side or even by themselves if you just want something lightish.
ONWARD, go make these like, NOW.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados
- 3 large avocados
- 1 lb shredded rotisserie chicken skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Franks Redhot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 green onions minced
- 1 stalk celery minced
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Buffalo Ranch Drizzle:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Franks Red Hot
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried chive
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the buffalo ranch drizzle. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out a bit of each center and place in a bowl with the shredded chicken, Franks, melted butter, jalapeno, green onions, celery, and the cheddar cheese. Fill each avocado with a scoop of filling.
- Place the avocados in a large cast-iron skillet and transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes then top with the cilantro, jalapeno, and buffalo ranch drizzle.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.