This Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Icing is delicious for dessert or breakfast! It even has a hidden vegetable!
In my version of paradise, there would be a never-ending supply of this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake. Plus a luxurious tiny house with an awesome home theater and film
collection library. A back porch overlooking a waterfall, and maybe a beach or perhaps a mountain. Oh! and a rock climbing wall and a go-kart track… But back to this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake, not only is it delicious, but it’s also versatile too, you can eat it for dessert or breakfast (or both).
I won’t go as far as to say I am a cinnamon roll connoisseur, but I have sampled quite a few in my day. Before I got my diet in check, I would stop by a local coffee shop on my way to my internship during my senior year of college. They had the absolute best cinnamon rolls, I’m not exaggerating either they were literally the best.
The best part about them was the glaze, but it was more like icing or frosting. You couldn’t eat it with your hands unless you’re into being sticky all the time. After the roll was devoured I would scrape the edges of the to-go container with a spoon and get all the “glaze” in one final bite. No wonder I was overweight. This keto version brings back all the glorious flavor without any of the guilt, sugar crashes, or upset digestive tract.
I try to highlight one ingredient from a recipe and tout its nutritional benefits, and obviously you can’t have a cinnamon roll without cinnamon. So it’s time for:
Cinnamon is well known for its nutritional benefits and the ancient Egyptians considered cinnamon more precious than gold. In terms of antioxidants, it ranks #1 in herbs and spices, as well as having anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-clotting properties. All that being said, if you want to reap all the benefits cinnamon has to offer, be sure you are using Ceylon cinnamon instead of the more common cassia (fake) cinnamon.
Check out the links below for more information on the nutritional benefits of cinnamon.
- Dr. Axe – 13 Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- Antioxidant capacity of 26 spice extracts and characterization of their phenolic constituents.
- Paleo Hacks – The Difference Between Ceylon Cinnamon VS Cassia Cinnamon
If you love this Cinnamon Roll Cake, you’ve got to try these Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 240 g zucchini pureed (about 2 medium zucchini or just over a cup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup swerve
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Add eggs, oil, zucchini and vanilla to blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl; whisk together almond flour, swerve, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry until you reach a cake batter consistency.
- Scoop out 1½ cups of the cake batter and mix in cinnamon, set aside.
- Next, pour the cake batter into a 10” cast iron skillet, followed by the cinnamon batter in a circular swirl. Once the cinnamon batter is in the skillet, drag a fork through it following the circular swirl to mix the cinnamon below the surface.
- Bake at 350℉ for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Allow the cake to cool before spreading on the glaze with a spatula or knife.