This delicious Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake, topped with cream cheese icing, is perfect for dessert or breakfast—and it's even got a sneaky veggie inside!
Is this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake dessert or breakfast? You decide! We adore this swirled cinnamon cake with a hefty dose of cream cheese frosting. You'll never know it's sugar-free and low-carb!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- Ingredients for this keto cinnamon roll cake recipe
- Cream cheese icing
- Ingredient substitutions
- Cooking tools required
- How to make Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- What to serve with keto cinnamon cake?
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- How to store leftovers?
- Leftover reheating methods and best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whip up this heavenly Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake by first mixing the ingredients and ground cinnamon. Then, bake it to perfection! In just 30-35 minutes, you'll have a delightful dessert boasting a tender, fluffy texture, ready to be topped with luscious cream cheese icing and enjoyed.
Don't be afraid to get creative with low-carb substitutions and discover new flavor combinations that align with your keto lifestyle! In this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake, we've used almond flour instead of regular wheat flour and replaced sugar with powdered Swerve, a keto-approved sweetener.
Ingredients for this keto cinnamon roll cake recipe
Cream cheese icing
Note: You can adjust the sweetener amount to your liking, depending on how sweet you prefer your cakes. Also, use powdered sweetener instead of granulated sweetener, as it mixes more easily into the batter.
Here are some ingredient substitutes and alternatives you can try for this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe:
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe, you'll need the following tools:
How to make Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake: step-by-step guide
Get the cake ready by preheating the oven and baking it for 30-35 minutes. To ensure it's fully cooked, poke a toothpick into the center and see if it comes out clean.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan by greasing it with cooking spray.
- To make the mixture, combine almond flour, powdered Swerve, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, zucchini puree, vanilla, and ground cinnamon powder in another medium-sized mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour the cinnamon swirl mixture into the prepared baking pan, smoothing it into an even layer. The result is a tender cake with a fluffy texture.
- To ensure the cake is fully cooked, bake it in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the cream cheese icing by combining the cream cheese, Swerve, vanilla, and heavy cream in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Once the cake is done baking, let it cool for a few minutes before spreading the cream cheese icing over the top.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve.
Chef's pro tip
Ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature before starting the recipe. This ensures that the layer of cake batter mixes evenly and that the cake rises appropriately. Remember that combination of almond flour can result in a denser texture. Still, adding zucchini and cinnamon makes the cake moist and flavorful.
How to make it healthier
What to serve with keto cinnamon cake?
This low-carb cinnamon cake can be served warm or at room temperature. You can serve it as a dessert, a snack, or even as a breakfast option. Here are some serving suggestions:
Here are some time-saving tips to help you make this recipe more efficient:
Following these time-saving tips can make this recipe quick and more efficient.
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
How to store leftovers?
Leftover reheating methods and best practices
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
To sum it up, this Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake is the ultimate indulgence for low-carb and keto dieters alike. Simple to make, scrumptious, and satisfying, it's a much healthier twist on classic cinnamon roll cakes. With its moist, fluffy texture and cinnamon-kissed flavor, this cake is guaranteed to win over everyone's taste buds. Go ahead, give it a whirl, and share the yumminess with friends and family!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 240 g zucchini pureed (about 2 medium zucchini or just over a cup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup swerve
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Add eggs, oil, zucchini and vanilla to blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl; whisk together almond flour, swerve, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry until you reach a cake batter consistency.
- Scoop out 1½ cups of the cake batter and mix in cinnamon, set aside.
- Next, pour the cake batter into a 10” cast iron skillet, followed by the cinnamon batter in a circular swirl. Once the cinnamon batter is in the skillet, drag a fork through it following the circular swirl to mix the cinnamon below the surface.
- Bake at 350℉ for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Allow the cake to cool before spreading on the glaze with a spatula or knife.