This Keto Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake is a decadent but easy one-bowl cake topped with chocolate pudding for the ultimate chocolate lover’s dream!
This gluten-free Keto Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake is one decadent low-carb dessert! An easy one-bowl cake gets topped with creamy chocolate pudding for the ultimate chocolate lover's dream.
This is a super easy keto dessert. All you have to do is mix up the cake in a bowl, pour the batter into a greased skillet, bake, poke holes in the top, blend up the pudding in a blender, pour over the cake, and chill. Easy as that!
We love how the pudding creates a pseudo-icing on the top of the cake after it chills. The pudding that seeps down into the cake creates a sort of molten-style center that can't be beaten. We really think this cake tastes just like a boxed mix, texture and all.
The pudding is silky smooth, creamy, and delicious. Sometimes we make a batch to just eat as pudding but it's fun to use it in recipes too!
Let's get to some questions we know will come up…
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
The cake can easily be made dairy-free by swapping out the butter for melted coconut oil.
The pudding has heavy cream in it which helps create the light and fluffy texture. You could try subbing out the heavy cream for coconut cream. If you give it a go be sure to let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
What size skillet should I use?
10.5" with higher sides is preferable. If the sides of your skillet are low, make sure that the cake cools slightly so that the icing doesn't melt and run off. Don't ask us how we know that...what a mess.
How do I poke holes in the cake?
Use the backend of a wooden spoon or something similarly shaped. We used a wooden bamboo straw.
What low-carb ice cream should I serve this with?
What is the nutritional information for this recipe?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) for keto at the bottom of the recipe card as well as the servings at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand's ingredients may have different values.
Check out these other decadent low-carb high-fat desserts:
- Keto Magic Bars
- Chocolate Fat Bomb Nut Clusters
- Keto Brookie Bars
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Browned Butter Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Keto Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups powdered Swerve
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6.75 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons powdered Swerve
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the cake ingredients until smooth.
- Place the pudding ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased skillet and transfer to the oven. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour the pudding mixture over the cake and transfer to the refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.