Enjoy the sweet taste of your favorite childhood treats with our Keto Magic Bars. These decadent desserts feature fluffy shortbread crust topped with nuts, sugar-free chocolate chips, and yummy homemade Caramel Sauce. The best part is these little squares of joy are sugar-free and low in carbs, making them a healthy choice for your keto routine.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍰 Ingredients for this keto magic bars recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Magic Bars: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- What to serve with keto magic bars?
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage instructions
- Reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
First, prepare the crust dough and prebake it in the oven. Next, top it with a heavenly trifecta of dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and pecan pieces. Then, pour in warm caramel condensed milk and bake it. Within 40 minutes, you will have a swoon-worthy keto dessert from scratch.
If you love intense coconut flavors, roast the shredded coconut before adding it to the crust. Or, you can omit it and use almond slices and toasted hazelnuts for toppings to tweak the flavor profile of these keto dessert bars. They are great with your favorite keto-friendly ice cream for a dessert, and in our humble opinion, the best dessert currently on Cast Iron Keto.
🍰 Ingredients for this keto magic bars recipe
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make these low-carb dessert bars at home:
Condensed milk caramel
If you want to change the suggested ingredients, here are some keto-friendly substitutions:
Jazz up your chocolate magic bars with these few optional additions:
Cooking tools required
To make this keto bars recipe, you will require the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Magic Bars: step-by-step guide
- Gather all your ingredients and measure them.
- Prepare the toppings by mixing the sugar-free chocolate chips, pecan pieces, and shredded coconut in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, sea salt, egg, and unsalted butter until a ball of dough forms.
- Press the dough into an 8-inch cast iron skillet, then poke a few small holes in the crust with a fork.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
Condensed milk caramel
- Add heavy cream, unsalted butter, erythritol, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a tall-sided pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until it reaches the consistency of condensed milk or a thick caramel sauce.
- Set the pot aside to cool the caramel a bit.
- Spread the topping chocolate mix evenly atop the golden brown crust.
- Pour the warm condensed milk caramel over it and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.
Chef's pro tip
One of the hiccups while making this recipe is caramel setting on the top like a crust and not mixing with the toppings. Keep a close eye on the caramel while it's cooking. Refrain from boiling the caramel for too long and making it too thick. Also, ensure it is still warm when pouring it into the toppings. Alternatively, you can gently mix the caramel into the toppings with a spoon to bind them together.
What to serve with keto magic bars?
Here's a list of food that pairs well with our sugar-free keto magic bars:
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
This simple Keto Magic Bars recipe is the easiest way to prepare the classic dessert without derailing your keto regimen. Serve the bars at your dinner party, and see how they vanish within minutes! They're the perfect way to round off dinner, leaving everyone satisfied, smiling, and asking for your secret recipe.
And why limit these beauties to just dinner? Add some fun to your lunch by serving these bars as a sweet finish. We bet they will satisfy your sweet tooth to the fullest!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Magic Bars
- 1 cup almond flour we use Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Condensed Milk Caramel:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup Swerve Brown Erythritol you can also use any granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 9 oz bag Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the crust ingredients until a ball of dough forms. Press the dough into an 8 inch cast iron skillet.
- Poke a few small holes in the crust with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
Condensed Milk Caramel:
- Place all ingredients in a tall sided pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling continue to boil for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- After 5 minutes it should have reached the consistency of condensed milk or a thick caramel sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Place the pecan pieces, coconut, and chocolate chips on top of the curst. Pour over the condensed milk (see note below recipe) and return to the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before cutting into bars.