This keto browned butter skillet chocolate chip cookie is the ultimate ooey-gooey deliciously decadent low-carb dessert you've been dreaming about!!!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ingredients for this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make the Keto Skillet Chocolate Cookie: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Recipe makes 16 servings
- Serving size suggestions
- Nutritional Facts
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover reheating methods and best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- More Cast Iron keto Dessert Recipes:
- 📖 Recipe
Have you ever daydreamed about a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie but felt the guilt of straying from your keto diet? Wake up from that daydream and grab your apron because we have the perfect solution for you! Introducing the Keto Browned Butter Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie.
This dessert showstopper will leave your taste buds dancing with joy and your waistline intact.
This delightful recipe is specifically designed to fit into your keto lifestyle, with carefully chosen ingredients that keep the carb count low without compromising taste. Our low-carb browned butter chocolate chip skillet cookie is an irresistible treat you can enjoy guilt-free.
Why should you make this recipe? Because it’s a game-changer! Not only does it taste divine, but it also proves that sticking to a keto diet doesn't mean giving up the foods you love.
This recipe is a testament to how delicious and satisfying keto-friendly desserts can be, and we guarantee it will quickly become one of your favorites.
In this article, we'll guide you through making this mouth-watering dessert, providing helpful tips, tricks, and information.
So, get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying true to your keto lifestyle!
Preparation and cooking overview
Creating this Keto Browned Butter Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie is a piece of cake (or should we say, a piece of cookie)! In a nutshell, you'll begin by browning the butter, which adds a rich, nutty flavor that will make your cookie taste out of this world.
Next, you'll mix in the other ingredients to create the cookie dough and then press it into a skillet for baking.
Before you know it, your kitchen will be filled with the heavenly aroma of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, and you'll be counting down the minutes until you can dig in!
As the mastermind behind this lip-smacking creation, we wanted to share some wisdom and encouragement to make your baking experience even more enjoyable.
First, don't be intimidated by browning butter – it's a simple process that only takes a few minutes but adds an incredible depth of flavor to your cookie. Trust us; it's worth the extra step!
Second, have fun while you're baking! Channel your inner pastry chef and let your creativity flow. Feel free to experiment with different keto-friendly mix-ins or toppings, and remember to share your masterpiece with friends and family.
After all, there's nothing more satisfying than seeing the smiles on their faces when they take that first heavenly bite.
And here's a little secret just between us: The keto skillet chocolate chip cookie has been known to convert even the most die-hard skeptics into keto dessert believers. So show off your baking prowess, and spread the keto love!
Preparation and cooking time
Good news for all you busy bees out there – this delectable dessert can be prepared and cooked in just under 45 minutes! Here's a quick breakdown of the time you'll need:
Fear not if you're worried that this recipe might be too complicated! The keto skillet cookie is an easy-to-follow recipe that even beginners can confidently tackle. With our clear instructions and helpful tips, you'll be whipping up this drool-worthy dessert in no time!
Ingredients for this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
To whip up this scrumptious Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, gather the following ingredients:
If you need to substitute any ingredients, consider these alternatives:
For an extra twist on this delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, consider adding some of these keto-friendly ingredients:
Remember to keep an eye on the carb count when adding extra ingredients to ensure you stay within your keto goals. And as always, feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own!
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Skillet Chocolate Cookie recipe:
Tools substitute options
If you don't have the exact tools listed above, don't fret! Here are some substitute options for you:
How to make the Keto Skillet Chocolate Cookie: step-by-step guide
The cooking process for our Low Carb Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie primarily involves stovetop browning of the butter and baking in the oven. Browning the butter on the stovetop adds a rich, nutty flavor to the cookie, while oven baking ensures a perfectly crispy exterior and soft, gooey center.
Before diving into the creation of this mouthwatering Keto Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie, follow these preparation steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Gather all the required ingredients and tools.
- Measure out the ingredients using measuring cups and spoons or a kitchen scale.
- Lightly grease your cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan.
Now that everything is set let's get to the heart of the matter and create this heavenly treat:
- In the 8-inch cast iron skillet, heat the butter over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until it just begins to brown. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, stir in the egg, vanilla, and brown "sugar" sweetener. Combine well.
- Add the almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder to the mixture, along with the chocolate chips. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are set, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out semi-clean. If desired, serve with sugar-free vanilla ice cream.
Recipe makes 16 servings
This delicious st iron chocolate chip cookie is perfect for serving a larger group or for meal-prepping desserts for the week. The recipe yields 16 servings, making it ideal for gatherings, parties, or indulging in smaller portions throughout the week.
Serving size suggestions
Here's the nutritional breakdown of this delicious cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie:
- Calories: 162
- Calories from Fat: 135
- Fat: 15g (23% Daily Value)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (31% Daily Value)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% Daily Value)
- Sodium: 78mg (3% Daily Value)
- Potassium: 16mg (0% Daily Value)
- Carbohydrates: 4.8g (2% Daily Value)
- Fiber: 2.8g (12% Daily Value)
- Sugar: 1g (1% Daily Value)
- Protein: 3g (6% Daily Value)
- Vitamin A: 192IU (4% Daily Value)
- Calcium: 38mg (4% Daily Value)
- Iron: 1mg (6% Daily Value)
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.
Remember, this keto-friendly chocolate chip cookie recipe is highly customizable. Feel free to get creative with your ingredient substitutions and additional ingredients, but be mindful of the carb count if you want to stay within the keto guidelines.
How to make it healthier
To make this already keto-friendly recipe even healthier, consider the following options:
Time is of the essence, so use these time-saving tips to make this recipe in an instant
What can I prepare ahead of time?
To streamline the baking process, consider preparing the following items ahead of time:
Storage and reheating instructions
Storing your leftover Cookie is as easy as pie (or, in this case, cookie). Here are some storage options:
Pro tip: Storing the cookie at room temperature in an airtight container is the best option to maintain its delightful texture.
Leftover reheating methods and best practices
When you're ready to reheat your leftover Giant Cookie, here are some methods and best practices to follow:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Place the cookie on a baking sheet and bake it for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Microwave: Reheat the cookie on a microwave-safe plate for 15-20 seconds, checking every 5 seconds to avoid overcooking. Note that microwaving may cause the cookie to become slightly softer.
Best practice: Reheating in the oven will yield the best results, as it maintains the cookie's texture better than the microwave.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
So, there you have it - a Low Carb Skillet Cookie destined to make your taste buds dance with joy! You'll mix butter, eggs, vanilla, and brown sugar substitute, then combine this with almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
Fold in those sugar-free chocolate chips, and pop them in the oven. Before you know it, you'll dive into a warm, gooey, and utterly delightful skillet cookie.
Why not share this marvelous creation with your friends and family? They'll sing your praises, and you'll be the keto dessert hero of the hour! And who knows, you might inspire them to whip up their skillet masterpiece.
In conclusion, we encourage you to embrace your inner baker and try this Keto Browned Butter Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie. We guarantee it'll bring a smile and elevate your keto dessert game. So, go ahead, have your cookie, and eat it guilt-free!
Remember, happiness is only a skillet cookie away!
Frequently asked questions
More Cast Iron keto Dessert Recipes:
Keto Browned Butter Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar Swerve
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat the butter over medium-low heat in an 8” cast iron skillet. Cook the butter stirring frequently until just beginning to brown. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Once cooled stir in the egg, vanilla, brown "sugar". Once combined stir in the almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder along with the chocolate chips. Use the spatula to smooth out the top.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out semi-clean. Serve with sugar-free vanilla ice cream if desired.