This Keto Green Chile Chicken is packed with chiles, cheese, chicken, onions, and spices for one delicious low-carb cheesy dinner!
This Keto Green Chile Chicken has become a staple in my diet lately, it’s got a little bit of spice, a little bit of ooey gooey cheese, and a whole lot of flavor.
This may be just us, but whenever we have a meal we both absolutely love we end up making it over and over (and over) again until we are both kind of sick of it. Roasted bone-in chicken thighs with fennel was our dinner for like 12 days in a row last summer, we loved it, but I don’t think we’ve made it since.
I had the same issue as a child, as a toddler my diet mainly consisted of chicken in a biskit crackers and apple juice, well at least that’s the way I remember it…I’m sure my mom snuck in some vegetables here and there without me noticing. Anyways, I don’t see either one of us getting sick of this delicious meal anytime soon!
What to serve with Keto Green Chile Chicken:
How to reheat:
Simply heat on the stove-top or pop it in the microwave until the cheesy becomes melty again!
Keto Green Chile Chicken Skillet
- 1 tablespoon oil avocado, coconut, lard, or tallow works great
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces canned green chilis
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese grated
- Heat oil in a 10.5″ skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with spices then sear 3-4 minutes per side until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and green chilis to the skillet, cook 3-4 minutes until onion has softened. Add in the cream cheese, and chicken along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate.
- Top the chicken with the jack cheese and cover for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and serve.