This Keto Enchilada Meatball Skillet is a surefire crowd-pleaser. This super easy dinner recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or a quick flavorful lunch.
I love meatballs and this Keto Enchilada Meatball Skillet is one of my new favorite meals! My favorite part is the enchilada sauce, but I’m a sauce loving kind of guy. There are plenty of pre-made store-bought enchilada sauce options that are keto-ish or you can make one at home, like this one.
To begin, I used a pound of ground chicken for these and rolled them out into 16 meatballs. That way each meatball has roughly 1 ounce of ground chicken. It may seem trivial, but I like it because it allows me more control over my macros. By doing it this way I can tailor my protein intake more effectively than opposed to whatever size/weight of chicken breast or thigh is available. It allows me to consistently make two or more nearly identical plates, with much greater control over my macros.
How Can I Make these meatballs more/less Spicy?
You can turn the heat up in these by adding more jalapeno or if you’re brave, try replacing the bell pepper with a spicier alternative.
For a milder dinner reduce the amount of jalapeno or replace it entirely with extra bell pepper.
Can I Use a Different Protein?
Sure, go for it! Use this recipe as a template and swap out the ground chicken for beef or pork. Swap out the red enchilada sauce for a low-carb green sauce, and all of a sudden you’ve got Verde Enchilada Pork Meatballs.
Looking for more meatballs? Check out the recipes below!
- Keto Meatballs
- Breakfast Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Asian BBQ Meatball Noodle Bowl
- Keto Garlic Bread Italian Meatball Sliders
Keto Enchilada Skillet Dinner
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 bell pepper minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1/2 white onion minced
- Handful cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
- 8 ounces enchilada sauce we use fronterra
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Cilantro minced
- Preheat the oven broiler to high.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients except for the oil in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a 10.5″ cast iron skillet until hot. Add in the meatballs and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- Pour in the enchilada sauce and top with the 1/2 cup of Mexican blend cheese. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, sliced jalapeños, and cilantro to serve.