This easy Keto Jambalaya with sausage, chicken, and shrimp. it is packed full of flavor with a tiny fraction of the carbs that jambalaya typically has.
Sausage, shrimp and chicken, oh my!!! This Keto Jambalaya is my jam! Seriously, it rivals any jambalaya I’ve had in New Orleans but with only a fraction of the carbs. If you are a Cajun cuisine aficionado, you’ll notice this recipe features the actual holy trinity of New Orleans cooking. Onion, bell peppers, and celery. If you are anything like me this is just about the only way I’m going to purposely eat celery.
Now if anybody has a good keto beignet recipe let’s crank up the jazz and we can really laissez le bon temps rouler.
My favorite part about this recipe is most definitely the Kiolbassa Jalapeño Beef Sausage. It’s seriously the most flavorful and delicious sausage I’ve ever cooked with. After tasting their product you’ll love it too. They are so confident they guarantee that if it’s not the best sausage you’ve ever eaten they’ll give you your money back. How cool is that?
Let’s look at the other Keto Jambalaya ingredients:
- holy trinity (onion, bell peppers, celery)
- smoked sausage
- chicken thighs (you can also use breasts)
- diced tomatoes
- cauliflower rice
It’s actually a super simple recipe!
Pro Tip: Fella’s if you are making this meal for your significant other, there is a slim chance they may not love your Waterboy impression and find it more annoying than endearing – especially if you are as bad at impressions as I am. I’m just speaking from personal experience here.
This meal is more than just a keto-fied low carb version of the Cajun classic, it’s also a great source of vegetables. The cauliflower rice, which I know is either a love it or hate it type ingredient, really absorbs and takes on the flavor of the dish in a way that you’ll be sure to love.
Can this recipe be frozen?
Yes! This is a great freezer-friendly meal. We like to freeze either a single or double portion in a freezer-safe container. To reheat simply place it in your cast-iron skillet with a touch of water and heat until the cauliflower rice is fluffy again.
This recipe has become a staple on the weekly menu for my wife and me and I’m very excited to share this delicious recipe with you guys, especially because it features one of my favorite products ever, Kiolbassa Smoked Meats.
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 13 oz package Kiolbassa Jalapeño Beef Sausages
- 4 ounces chicken thighs cubed
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- Parsley for topping
- Heat the oil in a large 10.5" cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add in the bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the spices along with the chicken and sausage. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add in the tomatoes and shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through then add in the cauliflower rice. Cook another 5-7 minutes until the rice is hot. Top with parsley and serve.