These Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites are the perfect blend of savory & sweet. Plus, they are unbeatable as a low-carb snack or appetizer.
Sweet and savory with a dash of heat, is one way to describe these Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites, but the more likely way is to let out a whoop or holler (maybe even both) of jubilation and not describe them at all, but instead load more onto your plate.
We swear, these are GOOD.
The brown sugar in this recipe is Swerve, which is an erythritol-based sweetener that has become our go-to for adding sweetness to recipes. We were so excited the first time we came across a bag of their brown “sugar”, and recipes like this one are what make keto so easy for us. We don’t have to sacrifice a single thing, just some substitutes here and there, and just about any recipe can be made keto.
These bites are definitely low carb, but the fat is a little low and the protein a little high for some keto dieters. But that’s okay, just work them into your day as a boost of protein or on the side with a larger/higher fat meal. There’s no wrong way to eat them unless you eat the whole skillet full by yourself, and even then if eating a double-digit amount of bacon brown sugar chicken bites is wrong, we don’t want to be right #sorrynotsorry.
Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 oz thin cut bacon we use Applegate
- ⅔ cup Swerve brown sugar brown erythritol
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Cut the chicken into 20 pieces and the bacon in half crosswise. Dredge each piece of chicken in the sugar then wrap with a piece of bacon, secure with a toothpick. Dredge in brown sugar again, repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place the bites in a large cast iron skillet, you may need to use two to make sure not to overcrowd them.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the bacon is crispy and caramelized.