These Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites are the perfect blend of savory & sweet. Plus, they are unbeatable as a low-carb snack or appetizer.
Sweet and savory with a dash of heat, is one way to describe these Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites, but the more likely way is to let out a whoop or holler (maybe even both) of jubilation and not describe them at all, but instead load more onto your plate.
I swear, these are GOOD.
The brown sugar in this recipe is Swerve, which is an erythritol based sweetener that has become my go-to for adding sweetness to recipes. I was so excited the first time I came across a bag of their brown “sugar”, and recipes like this one are what make keto so easy for me. I don’t have to sacrifice a single thing, just some substitutes here and there and just about any recipe can be made keto.
These bites are definitely low carb, but the fat is a little low and the protein a little high for some keto dieters. But that’s okay, just work them into your day as a boost of protein or on the side with a larger/higher fat meal. There’s no wrong way to eat them unless you eat the whole skillet full by yourself, and even then if eating a double-digit amount of bacon brown sugar chicken bites is wrong… I don’t want to be right.
Keto Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken Bites
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 oz thin cut bacon we use Applegate
- 2/3 cup Swerve brown sugar brown erythritol
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Cut the chicken into 20 pieces and the bacon in half crosswise. Dredge each piece of chicken in the sugar then wrap with a piece of bacon, secure with a toothpick. Dredge in brown sugar again, repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place the bites in a large cast iron skillet, you may need to use two to make sure not to overcrowd them.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the bacon is crispy and caramelized.