These Keto Fish Tacos with blackened salmon and a quick cucumber avocado salsa are healthy, satisfying, and packed with healthy fats!
I love a good taco, c’mon who doesn’t? but these Keto Fish Tacos are beyond good. I don’t want to toot my own horn, but these are seriously among the top 5 best fish tacos I’ve ever eaten, and I’ve eaten a lot of tacos. The seasoning of the fish and the salsa, THE SALSA, really are what take this taco recipe from ordinary to extraordinary.
I have searched for years to find the ultimate fish taco restaurant. So far the top taco’s I’ve found are from Mateo’s Mexican Grill in Tulum Mexico. With honorable mentions to Torchy’s in Austin, TX, White Duck Taco Shop in Asheville, NC, and Por Que No in Portland OR.
Sometime during this year of traveling in our RV, my wife and I have decided to spend some time in a few small(-ish) coastal towns in California, so I’m hoping to find another fish taco joint to add to the list if you’re from that part of the world or anywhere really that has good fish tacos I’d love to hear your recommendations in the comment section below.
I wanted to share this recipe with you guys without adding to the carb count so I served it on a bed of butter lettuce, however, if you want to make this a more traditional taco, check out this keto tortilla recipe (only 2 net carbs) and ready in 15 minutes!
Keto Fish Tacos
- 10 ounces salmon
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon blackening spices sugar free
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Rub the salmon with the spices. Heat the oil in a 10.5″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat,once hot ,add the salmon to the pan skin side down. Sear about 5 minutes until the fish easily releases from the bottom of the skillet and the skin is crispy, flip and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes for a medium cook. Remove and slice into 2″ cubes.
- In a medium bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the salsa. Season with salt to taste. For the sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- To make the tacos place two butter lettuce leaves together then fill with salmon and salsa.