Picture this: a cozy evening by the fire, soft music playing in the background, and a velvety Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake waiting to be shared with your sweetheart. This luscious, low-carb dessert is the epitome of romance, making it the perfect indulgence for couples following a keto lifestyle. Let this delightful dessert add that extra sparkle to your next special night together.
The key to making a good lava cake is to make sure you don't overcook it. You want to take the cake out of the oven when it is still very, VERY jiggly in the center. That's what makes it lava!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🌋 Ingredients for this keto chocolate molten lava skillet cake recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover storage
- Leftover reheating methods and best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whipping up this cast iron chocolate lava cake is simple, fun, and oh-so-satisfying. Start by preheating the oven and preparing a keto-friendly batter that will win your heart. Pour it into a skillet, let it bake for a short time, and voilà! You've got a dessert that rekindles the romance.
To add an extra layer of indulgence to your Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake, serve it with a dollop of whipped coconut cream or sugar-free ice cream on top. The cool, creamy texture pairs perfectly with the warm, gooey chocolate cake!
🌋 Ingredients for this keto chocolate molten lava skillet cake recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake recipe, you'll need the following instruments and tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake: step-by-step guide
- Gather all ingredients.
- Measure out the required amounts for each ingredient.
- Bring the egg and egg yolk to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 6” cast-iron skillet, melt the butter and chocolate chips together over medium-low heat.
- Once melted, let the mixture cool slightly, then whisk in the eggs, erythritol, salt, vanilla, almond flour, and coconut flour.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 7 minutes, or until the top is just set and the middle remains very soft.
- Remove from the oven, add desired toppings, and serve immediately.
Chef's pro tip
For a perfectly gooey, molten center in your lava cake, keep a close eye on the baking time. It's best to start checking the cake a minute or two before the recommended time is up. A gentle jiggle of the skillet should reveal a slightly wobbly center, while the edges should be set. Remember, it's better to slightly underbake the lava cake than to overbake it.
How to make it healthier
Storage and reheating instructions
To store any leftovers of your Low Carb Molten Lava Cake, follow these options:
For the best quality, consuming leftovers within 2-3 days is recommended. Store them in the refrigerator to maintain freshness and ensure safety.
Leftover reheating methods and best practices
To reheat your leftover Keto Friendly Chocolate Lava Skillet Cake, try these methods:
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
In conclusion, this Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake is a dream come true for those following a low-carb lifestyle. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? With its rich, gooey center and perfectly baked edges, this lava cake offers a luxurious and indulgent dessert experience without compromising your keto goals. It's a testament to the fact that sticking to a keto diet doesn't mean you have to sacrifice delicious, decadent treats.
As you take a bite of this charming dessert, let the warm, velvety chocolate melt in your mouth and awaken your senses. Share this delightful lava cake with loved ones, creating precious memories as you savor every spoonful. The irresistible taste and aroma of this chocolatey masterpiece will warm your heart and keep you coming back for more.
Frequently asked questions
Looking for more date night ideas? Check out these Keto recipes ↓
Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake for 2
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered erythritol we use Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In an 6” cast-iron skillet, melt the butter and chocolate chips together over medium low heat. Once melted, let cool slightly then whisk in the eggs, erythritol, salt, vanilla, almond flour, and coconut flour.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until the top is just set, the middle should still be very soft.
- Remove from the oven, top with desired toppings, and serve immediately.