This Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake for 2 is the perfect date-night sweet treat you’ve been looking for!
Ok, this Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake for 2 is a SUPER simple dessert that’s PERFECT for Valentine’s Day coming up! Or you know, a random Wednesday evening will suffice as well 😉
To make this easy low-carb dessert all you need is some sugar-free chocolate chips (we use these), eggs, butter, powdered erythritol (we use Swerve), salt, vanilla extract (bourbon vanilla is delicious in this recipe!), almond flour, and coconut flour.
Don’t want to use both almond flour and coconut flour? Simply use 3 tablespoons of almond flour.
The key to making a good lava cake is to make sure you don’t overcook it. You want to take the cake out of the oven when it is still very, VERY, jiggly in the center. That’s what makes it lava!
Serve this skillet up with some keto-friendly vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Digging that chocolate heart? All we did was melt some of the chocolate chips with a touch of coconut oil. Then we placed the melted chocolate in a piping bag, lined a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and make the hearts. Transfer to the freezer for 10 or so minutes to allow them to set up. Easy as that!
Looking for more date night ideas? Check out these Keto recipes ↓
Keto Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake for 2
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered erythritol we use Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In an 6” cast-iron skillet, melt the butter and chocolate chips together over medium low heat. Once melted, let cool slightly then whisk in the eggs, erythritol, salt, vanilla, almond flour, and coconut flour.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until the top is just set, the middle should still be very soft.
- Remove from the oven, top with desired toppings, and serve immediately.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.