Steak and Greens – such a simple meal that’s not only delicious but healthy as well. We’re serving up a pan-seared steak with a delicious simple salad with fresh parmesan and a tangy romesco sauce that ties it all together. This may just become your go-to steak dinner!
We recently had one of the best dinners at a local steakhouse here in Portland, OR. Their “Steak and Greens” sounded like the perfect combo of flavors and it did not disappoint. A perfectly cooked steak, simple greens, and a creamy romesco sauce made this a meal to remember so we knew we had to recreate it for you guys!
This easy recipe is a complete dinner but if you’d like to add on some sides, feel free! Our Keto Creamed Spinach would be delicious!
Let’s talk about the greens for a second. They’re SO simple but so full of flavor at the same time. You’ll start with your favorite salad greens, toss them with a bit of high quality extra virgin olive oil (we LOVE Braggs) and fresh lemon juice. Next, is the most important part, seasoning. If you’re not seasoning your salad greens you are totally missing out! A sprinkle of sea salt (we use Jacobsen Sea Salt), and fresh cracked pepper do the trick. After that, all you need to do is add a handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese. It’s literally one of the best salads with minimal ingredients.
Don’t skip the easy romesco sauce, we love the bright acidity it gives to the rich steak. Just a swirl in a food processor is all you need. Have leftovers? Romesco is delicious on just about anything!
Steak and Greens
- 12 ounces Tri-Tip steak
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups leafy greens
- 1 ounce fresh grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large roasted red pepper from a jar
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pat the steaks dry with a clean kitchen towel, season well with salt and pepper. Rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While the steak is resting make the romesco sauce by placing all of the ingredients in a food processor and blending until very finely chopped. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a 10.5” or larger cast-iron skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add the steaks to the pan and cook, flipping every minute or so until the internal temperature just about reaches 110°F for rare or 130°F for medium-rare or 145°F for medium.
- Add the butter and cook another minute or so until the temperature is reached. Remove the steaks from the pan and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl toss the greens with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Divide between two plates and top with the parmesan. Place a dollop of the romesco onto the plate and top with sliced steak, serve immediately.