This Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe is EASY, tasty, healthy, and perfect for a low-carb diet. It will be a hit with the entire family!
This Keto Chicken Parmesan is absolutely delicious and super simple to make!
Using crushed pork rinds in place of breadcrumbs
This recipe incorporates crushed pork rinds and parmesan cheese as the ”breading" in place of bread crumbs. This ensures that the chicken is crispy without being soggy! If you were to use almond flour the breading would burn before you were able to cook the chicken breast all of the way through.
Marinara sauce options
We always make our own marinara sauce as it's super easy to do and much more flavorful than store-bought marinara that typically has sugar added to it. If you have a store-bought brand you love, then, by all means, use that but if you want to make your own you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced or a bit of garlic powder
- ½ cup unsweetened tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
Simply heat up the oil in a small pot, add in the garlic and spices and toast for about 30 seconds then add in the crushed tomatoes. Heat just until hot.
Fresh mozzarella > shredded mozzarella
We love using fresh mozzarella in this recipe. Not only is it pretty it tastes great and is less salty than shredded mozzarella cheese. If you have shredded mozzarella or even mozzarella slices on hand you can definitely use those!
What t0 serve with this Keto chicken parmesan
A huge side salad or our Keto Focaccia! It's also great with zucchini noodles!
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) for keto at the bottom of the recipe card. The number of servings can be found at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand's ingredients may have different values.
Watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe!
Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 2 (4-ounce) chicken breasts, pounded out to an even thickness
- 1 cup crushed pork rind dust
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 oz fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Grind pork rinds in a food processor with spices and parmesan until is resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a 10.5" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge chicken through seasoned pork dust “breading” and fry 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top with marinara and mozzarella, bake 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.