These Keto Bánh Mì Bowls are the perfect way to get your Vietnamese food fix low-carb style!
These Keto Bánh Mì Bowls are packed with flavor! We start off with a deliciously sticky charred chicken thigh and layer in goodness from kimchi, fresh vegetables, and a spicy mayo dressing. It’s one awesome bowl. But that chicken...that chicken is GOOD. It's sticky, spicy, sweet, and all-around perfect. We could have eaten an entire skillet or two of that chicken!
These Keto Bánh Mì Bowls make for great leftovers as the flavors really meld together after a day or so making this a great meal-prep option.
We had a few fresh herbs, cilantro, basil, and mint, on hand the second day and added those in and it was perfect too.
Looking for more Keto Vietnamese recipes? Check these out!
Keto Bánh Mì Bowl
These Keto Bánh Mì Bowls are the perfect way to get your Vietnamese food fix low-carb style!Print Rate Pin Recipe
For the chicken:
- 3 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs cubed
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons brown erythritol
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 4 serrano peppers sliced
- 1 cup kimchi
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 4 cups Butter lettuce
- 1 green onion chopped
- Handful of cilantro minced
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons granulated erythritol
- In a small bowl mix together the tamari, fish sauce, lime juice, brown erythritol, onion powder, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes. In another small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil and brown 4-5 minutes per side until crispy. Pour in the sauce and stir until thick and sticky, about 2 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls, drizzle with dressing, and serve.
Keto Bánh Mì Bowl
Amount Per Serving
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Vitamin A 303IU6%
Vitamin C 10mg12%
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.
# Hashtag with us!Don't forget to mention @castiron_keto or tag #castironketo on Instagram with your creations! We love seeing what you're making.
I see siracha in this dish. Is it sugarless?? If so, what brand do you use???
Alex Lester says
There is a bit of sugar in the Sriracha, it works with the macros listed though so it's still keto friendly.
Laurie Rasor says
Have A Great Day
This is amazing. I was floored by how good the chicken was. Definitely going to be a staple in this household!