This Keto German Cauliflower Salad resembles German Potato Salad with bacon, green onions, and a delicious and tangy mustard vinaigrette.
This Keto German Cauliflower Salad is a great side to pair with just about any meal (especially keto schnitzel). German food typically sits pretty heavy in the stomach, so this lighter low carb version will leave you feeling nourished without sacrificing flavor. The mustardy dressing and the bits of bacon and green onion mixed with the cauliflower will make your taste buds do a little dance with each bite.
Looking for other Keto Cauliflower Recipes? Check these out!
Keto German Cauliflower Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 6 slices bacon reserve fat, omit for plant-based*see notes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and add in the cauliflower to the bacon grease. Add in onion and cook over medium heat until soft about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the vinegar, mustard, oil, and green onion, cook another 2-3 minutes. Season to taste and toss with parsley before serving.