Goodness Gracious great balls of meat!!! I love a good meatball (Exhibit A; Exhibit B). Maybe I’m the only one, but while writing this Keto Asian BBQ Meatball Noodle Bowl recipe I’ve noticed something…When I’m writing the word meatball and put an accidental space between the t and the b, it doesn’t sound nearly as appetizing. But these Asian inspired bite-sized morsels of deliciousness are one of my family’s favorite recipes on the website, and I hope they’ll be one of your favorites too!
Anytime I post a recipe with Shirataki noodles I get lots of feedback on social media, mostly questions about what they are (Shirataki are thin, translucent, gelatinous traditional Japanese noodles made from the konjac yam) or where to find them (Most grocery stores carry them, try checking the international section or try Amazon or Thrive).
Several folks have had bad experiences with shirataki noodles, but don’t knock ‘em til you try ‘em. Yes, when you first open the package the smell is overwhelmingly fishy, but after a thorough rinsing they have a very neutral flavor which makes them perfect for dishes like this one. Of course you could always substitute zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash in their place if you are not a fan.
Check out these other resources to read more about the nutritional benefits of shirataki noodles:
- Shirataki Noodles: The Zero-Calorie “Miracle” Noodles
- Are Shirataki Noodles Good for You?
- Benefits of Shirataki Noodles
Keto Asian BBQ Meatball Noodle Bowl
- 1 lb ground meat chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup minced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 2 green onions minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 packages shirataki noodles miracle noodles
- 8 ounces snow peas
- In a large bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients except for the oil. Roll into 16 meatballs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients, set aside. Prepare the noodles according to package directions, set aside.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large 10.5″ skillet. Once hot add in the meatballs in a single layer. Sear 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the snow peas to the skillet and cook 1 minute just until the start to wilt. Nestle the meatballs back into the skillet and pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and allow the sauce to continue cooking until reduced by half and thick. Serve over the top of the miracle noodles.