Start your day with these Keto Breakfast Meatballs that are keto-friendly, gluten-free, and low-carb!
Meatballs for breakfast? You bet! These delicious Keto Breakfast Meatballs have all of your favorite breakfast sausage flavors plus blueberries, butternut squash, and maple extract (or maple "syrup") thrown in. I promise that these are the most flavorful meatballs you'll ever have!
What's in a keto breakfast meatball?
- ground pork - you could also use ground turkey or ground chicken
- fresh blueberries
- grated butternut squash
- maple "syrup" - or maple extract + a bit of keto-friendly sweetener
- oil - we use avocado oil to fry these
How to make the meatballs:
- start by preheating the oven to 400° F.
- place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix together thoroughly
- form the mixture into meatballs
- heat the oil in a 10.5" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the keto breakfast meatballs for 2 minutes per side then transfer the skillet to the oven and bake
What should I serve with the meatballs?
Eggs, duh! Seriously though they're great with keto pancakes, a keto dutch baby, by themselves, on a or even on a breakfast salad!
Can I use a baking sheet instead of a skillet?
You can totally skip the browning process if you'd like to use a baking sheet, this works well for when you want to make a large batch for meal prep!
Just line a baking sheet with parchment paper then follow the instructions the rest of the way through skipping the browning process. You may want to use a rimmed baking sheet for easy cleanup!
Can I make these into sausage patties instead?
What is the nutritional information?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand's ingredients may have different values.
To get a specific serving size you'll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. We can't provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use.
Can I freeze these Keto Breakfast meatballs?
Yes! We like to freeze these raw then bake in the oven at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
Keto Breakfast Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup grated butternut squash 100g
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon keto maple syrup or 1 teaspoon maple extract + 1 teaspoon low-carb sweetener
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried ground sage
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Roll into 18 1” meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a 10” or larger cast iron skillet over medium heat. Brown the meatballs for 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven and continue to bake for 25 minutes.