These Keto Stuffed Mushrooms are quick and easy snacks with bright Mediterranean flavors and feta filling. These are low-carb, nutritious, and perfect appetizers!
Packed with flavor and nutrients, these stuffed mushrooms are a great way to start your meal or satisfy your snack cravings. With a blend of Mediterranean-inspired ingredients and the added bonus of being keto-friendly, these appetizers will surely be a hit with everyone.
This recipe is a twist on the classic stuffed Portobello mushrooms, with a Mediterranean flavor profile that is sure to impress your taste buds. With a combination of juicy mushrooms, creamy feta cheese, and fresh herbs and spices, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser that also happens to be keto-friendly. Hosting a party or simply want a tasty snack? Then, this recipe is a must-try!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍄 Ingredients for this keto stuffed mushrooms recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Mediterranean Keto Stuffed Mushrooms: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover Storage
- Reheating techniques
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy appetizer or even a side dish. Stuff the mushrooms with a delicious mixture of feta cheese, spinach, garlic, and herbs, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
This recipe is a meatless meal but still provides enough nutrition. It is perfect for those following a Mediterranean or keto diet. Feel free to customize the ingredients to suit your taste preferences or dietary requirements. Just remember to keep the core flavors intact for a satisfying culinary experience.
🍄 Ingredients for this keto stuffed mushrooms recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Stuffed Mushrooms recipe, you'll need the following:
Tools substitute options
How to make Mediterranean Keto Stuffed Mushrooms: step-by-step guide
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Clean the mushroom caps with damp paper towels.
- Remove the mushroom stems and finely chop them for the filling.
- Prepare the seasoning mixture by combining olive oil, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, fresh pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Prepare the stuffing mixture by combining chopped mushroom stems, feta cheese, and antipasto mix.
- Preheat the cast-iron grill pan over high heat.
- Toss the mushroom caps with olive oil and spices.
- Add the mushrooms and lemon to the grill pan. Grill the mushrooms for 5 minutes on each side, flipping once until browned.
- Mix the feta cheese and antipasto together. Stuff the mixture into the caps.
- Grill the stuffed caps for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once done, remove the mushrooms from the grill and sprinkle with parsley. Squeeze some charred lemon juice over the top. Serve hot.
Chef's pro tip
Stuffed mushrooms can get a bit soggy, so that's why we suggest you pre-bake the caps for a few minutes at 350°F (175°C). This process releases excess moisture, ensuring a firm and flavorful dish.
How to make it healthier
Check out these awesome tweaks you can try for a healthier spin on this recipe, tailored to fit your unique diet goals!
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
To wrap it up, these Keto Stuffed Mushrooms make the ideal healthy appetizer for any event. Combining the savory goodness of feta cheese, zesty antipasto, and perfectly grilled mushrooms, they're a guaranteed crowd-pleaser for all low-carb and keto enthusiasts.
Whipping up this delightful dish is a breeze, thanks to its budget-friendly ingredients and straightforward directions. Give it a go, and you'll never crave high-carb munchies again!
Keto Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms
- 5 portobello mushroom caps 385g
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 ounces feta cheese dairy-free if plant-based
- 4 ounces mixed jarred antipasto mix chopped
- 1 lemon quartered
- Parsley for garnish
- Remove the middle of the mushroom caps and use for another recipe. Toss the caps with the olive oil and spices.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and lemon to the pan. Grill the mushrooms 10 minutes flipping once.
- Mix the feta and antipasto together and stuff into the caps, grill another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and a squeeze of the charred lemon.
Very Enticing Recipe.
It is hilarious you brought up the olive theory from How I met your mother! The theory holds good in my life as well.
Priya from https://hurryupmom.com