This White Chocolate Keto Skillet Blondie is unbelievably delicious! Plus its 100% vegan, gluten-free and totally guilt-free.
This White Chocolate Keto Skillet Blondie has a chocolate-y center so decadent it would make Willy Wonka proud. In another post I mentioned Lauren has an egg intolerance, so I decided to make this vegan by using a “chia egg”, because making a dessert so decadent that she couldn’t eat, would be cruel and unusual. Not that she always abides by the no-egg rule. I like to think I’m saving her from the inevitable migraine though by making these egg-free.
Why Cacao Butter?
The cacao butter gives this treat its white chocolate flavor and taste. On top of that cacao has such a long list of nutritious benefits it’s unbelievable. Cacao has it all including; mood-boosting properties, antioxidants, increased cognitive function, and anti-aging effects. It is beneficial to both heart health and digestive health. Last but not least cacao butter can act as an aphrodisiac (wink wink)
The most interesting benefit I found comes from a study by London scientists that found participants who ate 20 grams of cacao for 12 weeks were able to stay in the sun for twice as long as those who didn’t, without getting sunburned. I don’t know about you, but I plan on eating enough cacao to never get sunburnt again.
I try not to make desserts a regular part of my diet, I think growing up I probably fulfilled my sweets quota through the year 2067. My dad and I would easily go through a gallon of ice cream a week. That was our nightly routine, especially during the summer. We’d finish dinner, sit down on the couch to watch the Braves game. By the 3rd or 4th inning we’d grab a heaping bowl of moose tracks ice cream, and then be asleep by the bottom of the 7th. My oh my, how things have changed, I can’t even imagine how terrible I would feel if I ate like that now.
Check out these other resources to read more about the awesome nutritional benefits of cacao:
- 21 Fantastic Benefits of Cacao A Powerful Raw Chocolate Superfood
- The Ultimate Guide To Raw Cacao (Powder, Butter, Nibs) – Nutritional Benefits & Uses
- Did you know that raw cacao benefits human longevity and health without negative side effects?
White Chocolate Keto Skillet Blondie
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds ground + 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup plain almond butter the only ingredient should be almonds
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce walnuts chopped
- 1 ounce chopped unsweetened dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the ground chia seeds and water in a medium mixing bowl and let sit 5 minutes then stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer the batter to a 5 or 6 inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then allow to cool slightly for it to set up a bit more.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.