This easy Keto Stuffing recipe is the best! It's made with low-carb "cornbread" and classic stuffing ingredients.
This tasty and easy Keto Stuffing is made with our easy Keto "Cornbread" recipe. It has all the flavors you know and love from traditional stuffing. The delicious low-carb dish is a perfect keto-friendly side or main course staple. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this delightful, easy-to-make keto stuffing!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- Ingredients for this keto stuffing recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- How to make Keto Stuffing: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover storage
- Leftover reheating
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
To make this delightful Keto Stuffing, begin by preparing the Keto "Cornbread" and toasting the cubes in the oven. Meanwhile, sauté your onions and celery, and season with fresh herbs, salt, and pepper before combining them with the toasted cornbread. This whole process, including baking the stuffing in the oven until golden, should take you around 3 hours in total.
In this recipe, it's essential to ensure your "cornbread" is thoroughly dried out to soak up the flavorful broth and egg mixture effectively, resulting in a stuffing that is moist but not soggy. Don't rush the sautéing of the onions and celery; taking the time to soften them properly will deepen the overall flavor of the stuffing.
Ingredients for this keto stuffing recipe
In case you need to make some adjustments to the ingredients in this keto bread recipe, here are some keto-friendly substitution options:
Remember that when substituting ingredients, it's essential to maintain the dish's traditional flavor profile. Always double-check that your substitutes align with your low-carb diet.
To enhance the flavor and traditional texture, you can consider adding some of these keto-friendly additional ingredients:
Cooking tools required
To make this keto stuffing recipe, you'll need the following tools:
How to make Keto Stuffing: step-by-step guide
Follow the directions provided for the Keto "Cornbread" recipe to prepare it:
- Cut the prepared "Cornbread" into 1-inch cubes and lay them on a single layer on a skillet. Align parchment paper on a baking dish if you don't have a cast iron skillet.
- Preheat the oven. Keep the oven temperature at 250° F.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, and fresh herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme).
- Whisk the broth and eggs until well combined in a jar or bowl.
- Assemble all the required ingredients and cooking tools for the recipe before starting the cooking process.
- Preheat the oven and toast the cornbread cubes: Preheat the oven to 250° F. Place the baking sheet with the cornbread cubes and bake for 1 hour until toasted and dry. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 350° F.
- Sauté the onion and celery: Heat the butter in a large 10.5" skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is hot, add the onion and celery. Cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the herbs, salt, and pepper: Stir the minced parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper into the onion and celery mixture.
- Combine the toasted cornbread cubes with the onion mixture: Add the toasted cornbread cubes to the skillet and toss with the sauteed vegetables.
- Prepare the broth and egg mixture: Whisk the broth and egg until well combined in a jar or bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the cornbread cubes and toss: Evenly pour the broth and egg mixture over the cornbread cubes in the skillet. Toss gently to combine, ensuring all the cubes are well coated.
- Bake the keto stuffing: Cover the skillet tightly with foil and place it in the preheated 350° F oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and finish baking: After 40 minutes, remove the foil and bake the stuffing for 5-10 minutes until the top turns golden.
- Serve: Once it is cooked and golden on top, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Sprinkle some fresh parsley or toppings of your choice and enjoy a warm, delicious side dish.
Chef's pro tip
To enhance the flavor of your recipe, consider toasting the herbs and spices lightly in the skillet with the onion and celery mixture for a couple of minutes before adding the cornbread cubes. This will help release their natural oils and bring out a deeper, more aromatic flavor, giving an extra touch of deliciousness.
How to make it healthier
This delicious stuffing recipe is already super healthy, but you can choose some low-carb options. Consider the following adjustments:
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Note: When reheating, it's best only to reheat the amount you plan to eat in a single meal to maintain its optimal taste and texture. Repeatedly reheating and cooling may result in soggy stuffing.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
This Keto Stuffing is packed with fragrant herbs and savory ingredients and will be a hit at any family dinner. Moreover, its versatility allows you to adapt it to your preferences easily, and it's a great way to maintain your healthy eating habits while still enjoying the traditional taste of stuffing.copy
Frequently asked questions
- 1 batch Keto "Cornbread"
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup broth
- 2 eggs
- Make the cornbread according to its directions. Cut the bread into 1" cubes and lay on a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 250° F and bake the bread for 1 hour until toasted and dry. Remove and turn the oven up to 350° F.
- Heat the butter in a large 10.5" skillet over medium heat, once hot add in the onion and celery. Cook 10 minutes until softened then add in the herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the toasted bread to the skillet and toss with the onion mixture.
- In a jar or bowl whisk together the broth and the egg. Pour over the bread and toss to combine. Cover the skillet tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to cooke 5-10 minutes until the top is golden.
What kind of broth do you use?
Alex Lester says
Usually just whatever I have on hand, any type of broth will work just fine.
I made this for Christmas dinner and no one could tell that it wasn't the stuffing we all grew up with. Actually I think it was better. Thank you very much for this recipe! ?
Alex Lester says
I can't wait to make this as this is my favorite keto cornbread.I have made it at leat 12 or more times.My husband also loves it as well.I throw in some shredded cheese & some cayenne pepper as well.I also love it because nothing compares to cornbread made in a cast iron skillet.Thank you.One more thing I love that you include the net carbs because it makes looking for recipes so much easier.
Alex Lester says
So awesome to hear that Debbie!
Have you ever tried adding spicy sausage to this recipe
I am not able to click on the cornbread link.
My husband loved this! I will definitely keep this one!