This EASY Keto Pumpkin Pie is the real deal with a flaky crust and creamy filling it's perfect for a low-carb any day of the year dessert.
Experience the perfect blend of indulgence and health with this delicious Keto Pumpkin Pie that's low in carbs, sugar-free, and gluten-free! This delectable twist on a traditional pumpkin pie allows you to savor the same luscious taste and smooth texture without deviating from your keto diet, making it an ideal dessert for any occasion.
- Ingredients for this Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional toppings
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Pumpkin Pie: step-by-step guide
- Cooking method
- How to make homemade pumpkin puree
- How to make homemade low-carb pumpkin pie spice
- How to make homemade whipped cream
- Preparation steps
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving expert tips
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Recipe Wrap-up and Conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
This easy Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe features a crispy, buttery almond flour crust filled with velvety filling infused with warm spices, vanilla, and maple flavoring irresistible treat you can enjoy year-round.
Whether hosting a family gathering, celebrating a special occasion, or simply craving a satisfying dessert, this keto-friendly low-carb crust pie will surely win everyone's heart.
Ingredients for this Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe
Here are some simple ingredients to make a classic pumpkin pie:
Here are some ingredient substitution and variation options:
You can use your favorite toppings for your homemade pumpkin pie:
Cooking tools required
To prepare this delightful Pie, you'll need a few essential cooking instruments and tools to ensure a smooth and effortless baking experience. Gather these handy items before you begin:
Tools substitute options
If you don't have some of the specific tools mentioned earlier, don't worry! There are some alternative options you can use to prepare this low-carb pumpkin pie recipe:
Remember, when substituting tools, the most crucial aspect is to ensure that the function of the tool is preserved and you can still mix, measure, and cook the ingredients as required.
How to make Keto Pumpkin Pie: step-by-step guide
We have used the following cooking method to create this delightful dessert:
How to make homemade pumpkin puree
Making homemade pumpkin puree for this Keto Pumpkin Pie is a total breeze and perfect if you have a surplus of pumpkins on hand! To make pumpkin puree you'll want to choose the right pumpkin! Smaller pumpkins are typically sweeter as are heirloom varieties. Once you have your pumpkin follow these steps:
- slice of the very top with the stem
- cut the pumpkin into quarters
- remove the seeds (save the seeds and roast them too for an easy snack!)
- place the pumpkin pieces on a baking sheet and roast at 350° F for 45 minutes until easily pierced with a fork
- remove the skin and transfer the "meat" to a food processor or blender
- blend until smooth
That's it! Super easy. To store the pumpkin you can portion it out into freezer bags (we love Stasher Bags for a plastic-free option) and freeze them for later.
How to make homemade low-carb pumpkin pie spice
Here's our quick go-to recipe:
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon each ground cloves, ground ginger, and ground allspice
- ½ tablespoon ground nutmeg
Just mix it up and store it in a small lidded jar. You can double or triple this batch so you always have it on hand.
How to make homemade whipped cream
Place a bowl in the freezer along with your mixer attachment. Then, pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. You can add in flavorings or a pinch of sweetener like erythritol or stevia if you wish.
Before diving into the actual cooking process, follow these essential preparation steps to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience :
- Measure and gather all the ingredients for the crust and filling.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) using the oven baking method.
- Prepare the necessary kitchen tools, such as a medium-sized mixing bowl, a pie dish, a whisk or fork, and a silicone spatula.
- Grease your pie dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash your hands and ensure your work area is clean and organized.
With these preparation steps completed, you'll be all set to start making your healthy baked pumpkin.
- Step 1: Prepare the crust. Combine the almond flour, melted unsalted butter, granulated Swerve erythritol, salt, and 3 large eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix well until a dough is formed.
- Step 2: Press it into the pie dish. Transfer the dough to the greased pie dish. Press the dough evenly along the bottom and sides of the dish using your fingers or the back of a spoon, creating a uniform real pie crust.
- Step 3: Now bake it in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until it's slightly golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
- Step 4: Prepare the filling. In a clean mixing bowl, combine the canned unsweetened pumpkin pie mix, heavy cream, 2 large eggs, powdered Swerve erythritol, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and maple flavoring. Whisk the ingredients together until it reaches a finer consistency.
- Step 5: Fill the crust with the pumpkin filling and pour it into the cooled pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Step 6: Bake the Pie. Place the pie dish back into the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown. To check if the filling is placed, insert a toothpick or a knife in the Pie's center; if it comes out clean, the Pie is ready.
- Step 7: Cool and serve. Remove the Pie from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature. You can also refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving it for better texture. Slice the Pie into individual servings and enjoy!
Chef's pro tip
To achieve a perfect texture and consistency for this recipe, it is essential to let it cool completely after baking before serving. This allows the filling to be set correctly and prevents it from being too runny or soft. Also, be sure to use a sharp knife when cutting the Pie to ensure clean and neat slices.
How to make it healthier
Though the recipes we share with you are all healthy, here are some tips to make low-carb pumpkin pie recipes in case you want to be extra cautious:
- Use organic and non-GMO ingredients: By using organic and non-GMO ingredients, you can reduce exposure to harmful chemicals and support sustainable agriculture practices.
- Use homemade pumpkin puree: Instead of canned, you can make your own by roasting and pureeing. This allows you to control the quality and freshness of the ingredients.
- Use alternative sweeteners: While Swerve erythritol is a low-carb and sugar-free sweetener, you can also use other natural sweeteners such as monk fruit or stevia. These sweeteners have no impact on blood sugar levels and are keto-friendly.
- Increase the fiber content: You can add fiber to the crust using ground flaxseeds or chia seeds. These ingredients add not only fiber but also healthy fats.
- Reduce the serving size: While this recipe yields 12 servings, you can reduce the serving size to make it even lower in calories and carbohydrates.
Time-saving expert tips
It's not always possible to do everything from scratch, so here are some time-saving tips you can apply to get a quick and classic keto pie crust!
- Prepare the crust ahead of time: You can make the almond flour crust up to 2 days ahead and store it in the fridge until ready.
- Mix the filling in advance: Mix the pumpkin pie filling and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake it.
- Preheat the oven in advance: Preheat the oven 10-15 minutes before you bake the Pie. This will save you time waiting for the oven to reach the desired temperature.
- Use an electric mixer: Using an electric mixer can save you time and effort when mixing the crust and filling ingredients.
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
- Fat 35g 54%
- Carbohydrates 11g 4%
- Fibre 21%
- Protein 12g 24%
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.
Storage and reheating instructions
Leftover storage is an essential part of cooking. This is a freezer-friendly recipe, and you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to allow the Pie to cool down to room temperature before storing it in the fridge.
It is best to wrap the crust with foil before storing it in an airtight container to prevent a flakier pie crust. You can also store individual slices of Pie in airtight containers or plastic bags.
Do not leave the Pie at room temperature for more than 2 hours to prevent the growth of bacteria. If you want to store the Pie for longer than four days, consider freezing it.
Leftover reheating methods and best practices
To reheat the leftovers, you can use an oven or a microwave. Here are some methods to reheat the leftover Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cover the Pie with aluminum foil.
- Place the Pie in the oven and heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Place a slice of Pie on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover the Pie loosely with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
- Check the Pie; if it needs more time, heat it in 10-second intervals until it reaches the desired temperature.
Note: Do not reheat the whole Pie at once in the microwave, as it will heat unevenly and may become mushy. Instead, reheat individual slices.
Recipe Wrap-up and Conclusion
This family favorite pie has a texture that is creamy, and the crust is crispy, making it a perfect dessert for any occasion. It is not only a low-carb, gluten-free and sugar-free pumpkin pie recipe but also prevents huge blood sugar spikes as real sugar is avoided!
With simple instructions and readily available ingredients, you can make this Pie in no time. Whether you are a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to try their hand at making delicious desserts.
So, next time you have a pie craving or want to indulge in a sweet treat, try this best Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe. You will be satisfied with the results.
There you have it, easy as pie. And speaking of pie you should also check out our Keto Pecan Pie recipe if you haven’t already. Enjoy!!!
Frequently asked questions
- 2 ⅔ cups almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 6 tablespoons granulated Swerve erythritol
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered Swerve erythritol
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325° F and liberally grease a 10.5″ cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients together until a thick ball of dough forms. Knead two or three times until smooth. Press the dough into the skillet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
For the filling:
- In a medium bowl mix together the filling ingredients. Pour the mixture into the pie crust, cover the pie edges with foil to prevent burning and bake 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before serving.