These Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Cream cheese icing are absolute low-carb perfection and perfect for cozy weekend mornings.
These Keto Cinnamon Rolls are a true game-changer. I love a nice warm cinnamon roll with my morning coffee. There is just something about the bitterness of black coffee paired with the sweetness of this cream cheese glazed confection that is absolutely perfect.
This recipe uses the base recipe for our Keto Dinner Rolls, with a few modifications to make the shift from savory to sweet. I started testing this recipe last fall and after multiple unsuccessful attempts, it is finally ready for me to share with you guys!
Allowing the dough to chill adequately is really the key. If the dough hasn’t had enough time in the refrigerator to cool it is admittedly a pain to work with. If you’ve got the patience for the dough to firm up in the fridge the end result is totally worth it! The chilling time is mainly to help the dough be able to cut into clean rolls instead of smashing together from the pressure of a knife.
Cinnamon is one of those spices that is often overlooked as a spice that contains numerous health benefits (Turmeric gets all the glory), but Ancient Egyptians actually considered cinnamon more precious than gold.
Cinnamon has a ton of antioxidants but in order to receive the full spectrum of benefits, you’ll need to check the label to be sure you are using Ceylon cinnamon instead of the more common cassia (fake) cinnamon.
Check out the links below for more information on the nutritional benefits of cinnamon.
- Dr. Axe – 13 Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Cinnamon – Healthline
- Paleo Hacks – The Difference Between Ceylon Cinnamon VS Cassia Cinnamon
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese block style
- 3 cups part-skim low-moisture shredded mozzarella
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup packed almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve powdered or granulated
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown Swerve
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup full-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small pot over low heat melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together. It should resemble a thick gooey paste. You can also use the microwave.
- Add the melted cheeses to a large bowl along with the baking powder, almond flour, and eggs. Mix until smooth and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper down and sprinkle with a bit of almond flour. Place the dough on the parchment and cover with another piece of parchment. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a large 1/4″ thick rectangle. Remove the top piece of parchment.
- Brush the melted butter over the dough, sprinkle with the brown Swerve and the cinnamon.
- Using the bottom piece of parchment as your guide roll the dough into a log starting from the longest side. Twist the ends of the parchment so that the dough is wrapped tightly and carefully transfer to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and grease a 10.5″ cast iron skillet.
- Unwrap the dough and using a sharp knife carefully cut into 12 rolls. Arrange the rolls in the skillet and transfer to the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden. Let cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing simply beat together all of the ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the tops of the cooled rolls before serving.