This Keto Pizza Casserole with Chicken recipe has peppers, onions, cheese, pepperoni, and chicken making it low-carb and great for an easy weeknight dinner.
This Keto Pizza Casserole is literally one of our favorite things. Even your favorite Ninja Turtle will approve of this keto-friendly pizza meal. It takes all the best parts of pizza (the sauce and the cheese) and skips the carby crust. Because of how easy this recipe is to make, it will quickly become one of your favorites, especially if you're a pizza lover.
We enjoy a nice cauliflower crust pizza every once and a while, but sometimes we get a little burnt out on the cruciferous veggie and need to change it up. That’s where this casserole recipe comes into play.
How to customize the casserole
Because casseroles are so easy to make and go great with a variety of fillings, here are some ideas to make this casserole your own!
- You can prepare this recipe as written or use it as a template to create your own culinary masterpiece. Add kalamata olives and a creamy alfredo sauce to make it a Greek/white keto pizza casserole.
- Add sausage, ham, maybe even some prosciutto and make it a meat lover’s pizza casserole.
- Use any of your favorite pizza toppings - we love bacon, cheese, ham, and hot cherry peppers!
The possibilities are endless! In theory, you could even put a couple of slices of ham and few pieces of pineapple (there are 7 carbs in 56 grams of pineapple, so it’s doable) and make a Hawaiian pizza casserole.
Meal Prep Keto Pizza Casserole
This is one of those recipes that we make ahead of time and stash in the fridge for later in the week. It is especially helpful in those times when life gets hectic and the prospect of dirtying and subsequently cleaning up the kitchen is out of the question.
We hope it’s not just us, but every now and again we face the dilemma of making dinner or involuntarily intermittent fasting (or option C, Chipotle), and having a meal like this keto pizza casserole in the fridge helps us to fuel our body without dirtying a sink full of dishes or stressing about dinner plans. It’s a win-win.
How to reheat
Just like regular pizza, this Keto Pizza Casserole is delicious cold. If you'd like to warm it up though, you can store it in the cast-iron and simply pop it in the oven. Or, if you're using meal-prep containers you can just pop it in the microwave for a few minutes.
Looking for more Keto Casserole Recipes? Check these out:
- Keto Fajita Casserole Skillet
- Cheesy Keto Broccoli Casserole with Bacon (Low Carb + EASY)
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Skillet
- Easy Loaded Keto Cauliflower Casserole
- Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole with Chicken
- Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole
- Keto Italian Sub Sandwich Casserole
Keto Pizza Casserole
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1″ cubes
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- ½ white onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Heat the oil in a 10.5″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with the garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the cheese and cook 2-3 minutes until the vegetables start to slightly soften. Top with cheese and transfer to the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
This was really good but lacked flavor. Next time I will swap the crushed tomatoes for pizza sauce and def add oregano.
Kimberly Sawickey says
Absolutely love this recipe so much having it celebrate May Day aka Happy Friday !!
This was delicious! I used what we had on hand: frozen veggies instead of fresh, rao's pizza sauce instead of crushed tomatoes, omitted the black olives for personal preference. Everything else was the same. It was SO good! I ate way more than I should have and am even more excited about eating the cold leftovers tomorrow. Thank you for the new dinner in our rotation! 🙂
Absolutely delicious! We used this as our Thanksgiving main dish, and it was a huge hit! Easy, fast, scrumptious...I couldn't have asked for more!
Juanita Yuhnke says
I made this recipe last night and my husband loved it! We only had leftovers for one more meal, but wish we had more! Easy and quick to prepare!
Delicious! My wife and I love pizza but haven’t found a great keto version yet. This really hit the spot! I used homemade keto pizza sauce instead of the crushed tomatoes and it was great. This one will be part of our regular rotation
Have been making this for about 4 years, but I do it in a 9" x 13" casserole and I double the Italian seasoning, add a bit more garlic salt, use Garlic, Basil & Oregano diced tomatoes instead of plain crushed tomatoes, skipped the black olives, and I doubled the pepperoni but cut half of them into quarters and mixed it into the casserole. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and then add whole slices of pepperoni to the top of the cheese. Cook for at least 30 minutes. Not bland at all!!! One of hubby's favs and he isn't even keto!